Chapter 1 Morning Conversation

Y/n P.O.V.

I slowly wake up to the sound of my alarm blaring telling me to get up. I sit up straight and yawn a little reaching over and turning off my alarm. I pull myself out of bed and put on my preferred outfit and walk outside into the bathroom to brush my teeth. After finishing my morning routine I make my way to the kitchen where my roommate Dave was. While technically my guardian we saw each other more as roomates as of recently.

Dave: "Good morning Old Sport how did you sleep?"

I drowsily grabbed my box of tea and started heating water on the stove.

Y/n: "Good I guess. As good as you can get sleeping at twelve, but I had a crazy dream where I got stabbed in the wrist by some weird black thing."

Dave: "Wrist? You sure it wasn't real that bandaid on your forehead that says otherwise, or did you drop your phone on your face again."

I reach up and check my forehead with the old bandaid still on it. Looking back at dave he had a shit eating grin on his face.

Y/n: "No I'm pretty sure it wasn't real I was just being an idiot again and bumped my head somewhere."

Dave: "Liar I heard you scream out in pain last night. Shit was so funny I almost laughed."

Dave started laughing and I cross my arms like the usual. Then walking over to the sofa in the living room and turned on the tv.

Y/n: "Oh shut up I still remember you being an idiot and losing the coins we had for laundry when we were in that other place for awhile."

The water finishes heating up and I put my tea packet in and start stirring it. Tea had always felt like a reassuring drink to me ever since I got my first sip. That or the addict in me is talking.

Dave: "Not as dumb as the time you went up to the roof last summer and almost fell off when retiling. Lucky that I was nearby and grabbed you." Dave started to flick through channels trying to find something interesting. These contests of stupidity were the only remotely thing to enjoy every morning. Nice moments before the absolute hell that was approaching.

Y/n: "Still not as dumb as the time you went to a hotel thinking it was the house and walked into the lobby room and called the clerk a bitch cause she didn't make you waffles. You don't even like waffles!"

I smirked a tad bit knowing this always sets him off.

Dave: "Hey I remember us agreeing on no drunk stories for me! Besides waffles are good... Ok fine thats a lie they're garbage."

Dave throws a couch pillow at me that I catch in a heartbeat. In order to protect my tea I had to develop lightning fast reflexes. Only when its tea however all other cases I will fail at and die.

Y/n: "ok ok ok don't throw shit when I have my tea in my hands I almost dropped it."

I set down my tea on the counter next to me and throw the pillow back at Dave. With some force I'll admit but this is my tea we're talking about.

Dave: "Yeah yeah whatever. I know how much you love your tea anyways so it'll be fine."

Dave finally stops his channel flipping and settles on a news broadcast As I pick up my tea and take a few sips. It's delectable taste channeling the inner quarters of my mouth as weird as that sounds is the one thing I look forward to in the morning.

News Anchor: "Hello and good morning residents of Ebbot, coming in right now we have an exclusive story of a mysterious crater showing up near the base of Mt. Ebbot, the crater appears to have risen from the ground leaving a hole stretching down for who knows how far down, more on this later but coming up next, a mysterious case of a tea shortage popping up in local stores."

The channel soon goes into a commercial break about a group of monsters who are looking to skateboard with some people. The jingle is catchy before my goldfish brain manages to catch up with the last few words the news anchor said.

Y/n: "No tea!?!?!"

I quickly go into a panic rapidly checking all of the cabinets while Dave gives me a judgemental look.

Dave: "That's really all you got from that and not that mysterious crater shit that's only a few blocks down. Then again I know you'll overdose on that stuff."

Dave now gets up and walks over to the Kitchen slowly. Given he's not a morning person and sometimes works the night shifts at that one pizzeria place in town.

Dave: "Besides now you will could drink coffee now. The far more superior drink."

Dave starts to turn on his coffee brewer. Its irritable sounds succeed more in making my blood boil than its cability to brew coffee.

Y/n: "I don't want to get caffeine addicted like you so I'll refuse your offer for now at least. Besides I'd never cheat on Tea. But that whole crater nonsense is intriguing."

I check my wrist and see that the black mark is still there some dried blood here and there. It was starting to swell a bit and that was concerning.

Dave: "C'mon man one cup won't hurt....~ Join the dark side my pupil."

Dave grabs his cup of choice, an old one my dad supposedly got him and sets it down under the coffee dispenser.

Dave: "Hey don't you gotta be heading to school by now?" I pull up my phone and check the time realizing he is right.

Y/n: "Shit you're right! I'll see you later Dave."

I set my finished cup of tea down and grab my backpack off the couch.

Dave: "Alright then see you later and make sure to get some bitches."

Dave winks at me as I grab my keys.

Y/n: "Listen like a great ogre once said, like that's ever going to happen."

I walk outside and I shut the door behind me.

Y/n: "That's really weird...So that means that dream that happened last night was real. Fuck my umbrella really is gone then.."

As I inspect the mark again. The swelling looks to be as normal as it was earlier. A gentle prod at feels stiff to the touch and oddly dry.

Y/n: "Eh whatever stuff like this fixed itself."

I put on my headphones and started walking to school. Halfway during my walk however I saw Mt. Ebbot loaded up with do not enter signs. My curiosity compels me to visit yet I don't give in and continue my walk. As I am not a horror movie protagonist. Walking through the previous night's puddles I gaze at the now clear and blue sky and think that today will be different than others. Nah todays doing to be hell like always.

==================================
A/n: Yeah another chapter this fast wowie, hope you guys liked it I put some thought into the "new" Dave character and I hope you'll like how he turns out.

Editing Finished: 5/5/24

Cya ;)