Chapter 6

[Astrid](You)
Waking up in the warmth of Colby is really nice honestly. He's a big, giant, teddy bear-goof ball that I could hang out with all day..everyday..

I was currently in the guest bedrooms bathroom getting ready. Colby came into the room knocking slightly. "Hey? You almost ready?" He asked.

"Yep!" I said as I placed my hairbrush in my bag grabbing my phone. I looked at the date. My moms birthday...

She passed away when I was young due to cancer, so I don't remember her well.. but as I've gotten older the grief and thoughts of her and what I did know about her, made me really upset sometimes.

I sighed as I powered off my phone slipping into the back pocket of my black ripped jeans. Colby looked at me softly. "Everything ok?" He asked; stepping towards to me slightly.

I just nodded and smiled slightly, blinking away the tears that were welling up in my eyes.

He noticed this and came up to me; hugging my side and resting his chin on my head. I leaned into him.

"What's going on Ash?" He asked concerned. "It's my mom's birthday.." I said slowly while looking towards the ground, trying to hold it together.

Colby had heard me talk about it from a few of my videos where I had brought it up. He could tell I was distraught.

He grabbed my chin and tilted my head upwards to look up at him. "It's gonna be ok.. She'll always be here.." he said softly; placing a hand on my chest. I simply nodded letting a tear slip out.

I quickly wiped it and changed the subject. "We should get going! I am so ready to have the shit scared out of me!" I said grabbing my bag and throwing it over my shoulder.

Colby took the hint that I didn't want to talk about it anymore and just nodded; chuckling a bit, and followed me out of the guest room.

Walking downstairs I had tripped, luckily Colby was behind me and grabbed onto me quickly before I plummeted to my death. I looked up at him and he was staring deep into my eyes. I couldn't help but to gaze into his.

Sam walked back in the house from taking things to the car. "Alright love birds, let's go!" He spoke loudly; picking on us. We both anxiously stepped away from each other and continued down the stairs.

Sam, Colby, Kat, and I, were all in the car. Kat and I were in the back seat and Sam was driving while Colby was filming a couple of quick shots in the passenger seat.

He placed the camera down in his lap and we all began to converse.

"So Astrid? How long have you been exploring and investigating?" Sam asked.

"Well I started my channel like a month after my 17th birthday, and about a month after that I started exploring. I'm almost 23 so I would say about 6 years!" I said trying to do the math in my head.

Kat then joked, "Yea, couldn't be me." I giggled a bit and then Colby asked, " When's your birthday??"

"June 6th!" I smiled.

"That's less than a month away! Are you excited?" Sam asked.

"Oh hell yea! The big 2 3!" I laughed.

"We should throw you a party!" Colby exclaimed. I've never really been a party person. I've always kind of spent my birthdays alone.

"Oh that's alright! I usually just spend my birthday alone with a bottle of cherry vodka and Netflix!" I said truthfully and then continued. "I used to spend it with my dad and my best friend Ember but my dad moved back to Virginia and Ember moved on to bigger and better things."