Chapter 11

[Astrid](You)         (PLEASE READ A/N)        
"Jesus Christ Colbs!" I say struggling to compel my laughs as he sets down all of the snacks he got on to the counter.

Today is my last day of bed rest and so Colby wanted to have a 'celebratory' movie night.

"What? I wanted to go all out on your last day of hell!" He said getting out some bowls from the cabinet above my fridge.

I have been sitting on my couch ever since I got out of the hospital, in the same 4 walls I call home. It quite literally has been hell.

Colby comes over with a bowl of popcorn and a couple of drinks; setting them down on the coffee table. He asks, "So what are we watchin'?"

"Well we could either watch Up and bawl our eyes out or watch Bolt so I can complain to you about how much I want a dog." I say with a cheeky smile.

"Orrrr we can watch insidious and I can laugh at you while you dance with the little dude that dances to 'Tip Toe Thru The Window'" He says with the same cheeky smile; totally not mocking me.

"I guess I'm in the mood to do a lil' jig" I shrugged.

Colby grabbed the remote and turned on the Tv. I wrapped my blanket around my legs more as I tried to situate myself. Colby then took it upon himself to place is arm around my shoulder; pulling me into his chest.

Catching me by surprise, my eyes widened as I glance up at him. Trying to compose my internal screaming... just made me look like I really had to shit.

"Uh, you good there?" Colby asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

I awkwardly held up a thumbs up before quickly turning back to the movie; hoping to god he didn't see the pink tint that had began to grow on my face.

See ever since I met Colby, I always knew I had a small thing for him, but throughout the past year.. I can't believe it's been that long.. my feelings aren't so small anymore. It's almost like my feelings are a volcano that's ready to explode every time he just looks my way.

I've never been the one to hide my feelings towards people, but with Colby I almost feel obligated too. He seems like an affectionate and an amazing guy that I'd love to be with, but if we're being completely honest here... I'm being delusional..

"Ash? Astriddd??" Colby said; waving a hand in front of my face to grab my attention.

"Hm?" I hum. "When this hell of bed rest is over, do you wanna go to the Villisca House with Sam, Nate, Seth, and I?" (SUGGESTION FROM @Rayathedragon500)

"Already wanting more views because of me Mr. Brock?"I teased.

"Yea, 'cause Sam and I are nothing without the all-great and powerful Astrid." Colby said sarcastically with a slight chuckle.

"Well in that case, I suppose I will come." I said cocky-like. He smiled widely at me and turned to face the Tv again.

He has the most gorgeous smile; might I just add.. He hasn't left my side throughout this time and I couldn't be more appreciative.

I go to stand up and wobble a bit due to the lack of movement from the past couple of hours. Colby grabs my waist to stabilize me which sends butterflies erupting throughout my stomach.

"What do you think your doing lil' lady..?" He says looking up at me. "I gotta piss? What do you want me to do? Piss on the couch?" I say laughing a bit while walking out of his grasp and to the bathroom.