Chapter 10

[Astrid](You)
Its almost been 7 months since I left to see my dad. In my opinion, it feels like he's holding me hostage here..

I've tried leaving multiple times, yet he always comes up with an excuse of why I shouldn't or why I can't. The most common one being 'I could die any day and you wouldn't get to say goodbye, just like you didn't get to do to your mom.'

He was right though.. so I've been here with him; running his errands, doing his chores, and whatever else he needs me to.

While I've been gone though, Colby and I have been talking every. single. day. I missed him and he missed me, nothing much about it.

I've rarely been able to post on my channel due to my fathers constant needs. At this point I'm so mentally and physically exhausted; I just wanna do what I love..YouTube.

I decided today I would sit my father down, and explain to him that I need to go home. I haven't been to my own apartment and slept in a bed in so long. My dad has made me sleep on A FUCKING COUCH FOR 7 MONTHS!

I miss my friends, I miss my job, I miss my home.. and most of all.. I miss my boy...

Walking into the dining room, I saw my dad sat in one of the chairs, drinking a coffee. "Dad..?" I said, grabbing his attention.

"Hm?" He looked up at me. I sat down across from him and then started. "Dad, you know how much I love you.., but I really want to go home. Please. My back has been killing me everyday from sleeping on that damn couch, I'm so exhausted and I miss my friends.. so please.." I stopped and took a deep breath before continuing.

"I'm 23, I'm an adult.. I shouldn't have to ask to go home.." I finished, wiping a tear that I hadn't realized had fell from my eye.

My dad stared at me with a blank face before standing up and rummaging around the house grabbing all my stuff. He then came back and threw it on the table. "You wanna leave? Then leave." And with that he stormed out of the door; cussing at me as he left.

I didn't think it would be that easy, but at the same time, I had just lost a relationship with my father.. my only parent..

[A FEW HOURS LATER]
After a couple breakdowns, I had finally finished packing my things and booking a flight back home; then heading to the airport via Uber.

After going through security I called up Sam.

"Hey Sam!" I spoke into my phone. "Astrid? What's up?" He said groggily, I'm assuming he had just woken up. "Sorry if I woke you up, but I'm coming home! I was wondering if you wanted to help me surprise Colby?" I asked.

"You're coming home!? Fucking finally, Colby's been miserable, all he does is talk about you." I smiled brightly, I could feel my face radiating with heat...

After talking to Sam a bit more; planning, I heard my flight being called and said my goodbyes.

Colby here I come..

[Colby]
I was sat on the couch editing per usual. Sam said he was going out to the store, which I was a little confused about due to the fact that he had just went yesterday, but I didn't question it.

I hadn't gotten a text from Astrid today, but I'm assuming she's been caught up doing her dads deeds. He's been really taking advantage of her which isn't right. She's a sweet, funny, and loving girl who doesn't deserve to be treated like that.

I've really missed her these past months and I've gotta admit.. I've taken a bit of a liking to her..

After a while, Sam walked into the house and said he needed help carrying in the groceries. I groaned while standing up and began walking to the door. I opened the door and..

There she was.. There was my girl...

I gasped. "What are you doing here!?" I exclaimed as I ran to her; picking her up by her waist and spinning her around. She's home!

She wrapped her arms around my neck and held me close. "Oh y'know, just paying a visit" she said with a small chuckle. I laughed and pulled her in tighter. "Do you know how much I've missed you??" I said, muffled into her shoulder. "Yes dumbass, you told me everyday." She said patting my back.

After being in each other's embrace for what felt like forever, it felt like a limp noodle had became in my arms. I pulled back a bit to look at her, only to see her unconscious face slowly moving back and forth.

"Holy shit! Ash!?" I exclaimed frantically; slowly laying her down on the ground. "Yo Sam! Call 911!" I yelled out as I began to tap her face.

[A FEW HOURS LATER]
Waiting felt like forever. I was sat in a waiting room chair with my head in my hands; leg bouncing and mind racing. I couldn't drop the fact that a person I have cared for was currently on a hospital bed and I wasn't allowed to see her yet...

After another 15 minutes of waiting a doctor came out. "Astrid Smith?" They called out, causing me to jolt out of my seat and rush over. "Is she alright!? Is she ok??" I frantically asked the poor doctor.

"Sir, calm down. She is fine. She passed out due to exhaustion and lack of hydration. We have her connected to some fluids as we speak. We have also prescribed her 2 different medications she will need to take for the next 14-21 days and we also recommend her to be on bed rest for the next 3-5 days." The doctor explained. I took in every word they said, making sure I knew how to take care of her..

"Would you like to see her?" He asked. "Yes please.." I half-heartedly smiled as the doctor led me to her room.

"Hey Ash.." I said slowly making my way to the side of her bed.

"Hi.." she choked out while lifting up her hand to wave a bit.

I smiled at her and grabbed her hand gently. "You look super sleepy.." I said while pushing a strand of hair out of her face.

"The doctor said I over-worked myself at my dads house.." she explained. "I know, get some rest ok? I promise I'm not leaving your side." I bent down and kissed her head ever so gently, leaving her smiling as she drifted to sleep.

I stuck with my promise..

I never left her side.
______________________________
It's summer time!! Hopefully more frequent updates will be in our future lmao! I don't know if I love or hate this chapter. PLEASE COMMENT IDEAS FOR FUTURE CHAPTERS!! Ya' girl's running out of ideas!!
Have an awesome day!
-love author :)

Words: 1175