Chapter 8

I successfully jumped down, quickly cutting the rope, I picked up the bag that fell off me when I landed unceremoniously.

I was about to make a run for it when I heard a voice say "Hey you! Stop right there!"...I didn't have the energy for a repeat of what happened inside some minutes ago, so before even thinking I shot him. See how shooting people seems easy for me now, I wish it was the case when I was meant to hit the main target.

Knowing that one of the obstacles to my escape was down, I continued on my way...my lucky star was working because this side of the building happened to be very dark.

Making my way quickly and as quietly as I could, seems that 'quickly' and 'quietly' has been my way today, what a life.

Looking left and right with my breath held, I noticed a few men just in the distance, I had to hurry up.

Changing quickly from the outfit I was wearing to regular jeans and a top, I put the clothes I wore for my failed mission into my bag and made my way out...I held my bag and then continued forward, for someone who was in trouble my steps were confident.

My car was not too far away, all I needed was to walk steadily and not make myself noticed.

"Hey?" Unfortunately, someone spotted me.

"Shit, no...no, I can't be caught".

I turned around to face the guy, he had his whole neck up to his jaw tattooed and he looked like a really mean scary guy.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with an Italian accent".....I quickly changed my accent to a British accent..." umm I was supposed to book this hotel for my stay here in NewYork but I didn't check my phone on time to know this hotel wouldn't be receiving any guests till further notice" I lied through my teeth praying he didn't notice anything while I put my most innocent face.

"Go ahead" I heard him say, I have never been more happier.

I turned around to go and I hadn't even taken more than five steps when I heard him say "Stop"...I think my heart dropped to my stomach.

I turned around to face him, looking up at him...." Be careful of the danger that lurks in the dark" That was all he said to me before turning away from me and walking off. If only he knew the danger was standing right in front of him...I thought to myself.

I did a fast walk to my car and I quickly got in, not wasting any time, I was out of the parking lot and hit the road before you could say, Jack Robinson.

I didn't want to attract the police, so I drove at a speed someone in my condition could drive without getting the police's attention. I didn't want to be pulled over for driving too fast. I didn't have time for that.

I plan to go back to the mansion, the thing is that, this time I won't be walking in like the princess they all saw me to be, I know if my dad gets a hold of me I'll be locked in a room forever...I won't let that happen, not with the way my dad would be feeling and I don't even know if they've found Gabriel. Couldn't risk getting caught.

When I got close to my house, I parked somewhere dark, somewhere a little far from my house where my car wouldn't be noticed. With my head bent lowly I sneaked quickly hiding behind the bushes to conceal me.

I doubt they've returned home, I would know if they were here, I could just feel it...More luck for me.

I jumped the fence because I couldn't pass my house gate, how my life turned overnight. I can't believe I'm sneaking into my own house.

I went behind the side door that leads to the kitchen, that door is close to my father's second office where he has a lot of things stored in a secret room, all I had to do was get into that office.

WANTEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara