Chapter 24

Dante Lorenzo

"How could you allow that being still roam the face of the earth? she should be long dead, what do you think you're doing?" Marcus girlfriend Alecia asked, I don't know who she thinks she is to question me, I don't give a fuck what she thinks, she acts like she loves Marcus when clearly she was only with him for his money, I feel sorry for her if she had actually thought that Marcus was faithful, the idiot had his fair share of women. I don't even know when she became part of our business.

"Open that stupid mouth of yours one more time and I'll be filling it with bullets," I said to her daring her to do otherwise. I saw the fear in her eyes and it pleased me, that's more like it I thought darkly to myself, she knew I wasn't joking and I would have loved nothing more than for me to wipe her miserable life off the face of the earth,

These past few days she has been nothing more than a nuisance, going around my house like a mourning wife, when I know it was all for show, she has been in beds of my men, more than I can count. Fake bitch.

"Get the hell out of my sight," I spat as I watch her quickly scurry away.

I already made up my mind that I and my men would be paying a certain someone a visit, I've been nice for too long, I've given her enough free time, her free time is over.

I called for an emergency meeting and just as expected all men were waiting for me when I got there.

"What is the update on her for today?" I asked as I made myself comfortable,

"Herself and her friend are trying to gather information on her mother because she thinks her Mother is up to something,"  interesting, I thought to myself,.........."also after much findings we are sure her friend doesn't know her true identity," David said as he passed me an envelope, as I opened it to check the content, it contained recent pictures of her, really, so she was enjoying the time of her life after everything she has done, wait till I get a hold of you.

"I want someone to send a note to her, something to scare her, I want it done today, and we won't be visiting her until after four days, make her anxious, let her know she can never run,"

I wish I could watch her like her shadow, I would love to see the fear when she receives the note, I'd love to feed off that fear, hunt her sleep, every sound would make her think am behind her, ready to grab her.

After talking about other things that needed our attention, I dismissed my men. With just me in the room my mind began to fill with different thoughts, I haven't visited Marcus in a while, reason being that I hated to see what that witch reduced him to, I couldn't bare seeing a strong right hand laying lifeless yet still alive.

Yes, My right hand Marcus is still alive, she shot him real bad, the fact that it could have been me laying on that bed fighting for my life, having a thin line between life and death, she must pay.

I stood from my chair, taking a deep breath, I made my way to visit Marcus.

He was kept in a different part of the mansion, awake from any disturbance.

I got to the door where he was been kept and clenched my fist in anger, I knew what awaits me inside.

Finally making up my mind, I opened the door, the room as usual was filled with different medical equipment, and there he was, laying motionless on his bed with different machines attached to him and needles pricking his skin, he looked so vulnerable, someone could take his life and he wouldn't even be able to do anything, I heard the door open as someone entered the room, must be his nurse.

"Am sorry sir, I didn't know you were visiting today," I heard the nurse say, I wasn't in the mood to waste my breath on her, like hell, am supposed to take permission from her before visiting my own friend, choosing to ignore her, I rather asked,