Chapter 23

"So what you are trying to tell me is that your mother who you thought dead for the past thirteen years just reappears out of nowhere, and you think she's pretending she doesn't recognize you and you also think she's up to something," Matthew said as he looked at me in pure shock.

When I called him that I had something to tell him, he sounded very worried, when he arrived I told him to take a seat because he was gonna be needing him, I still remember him asking if I was pregnant, that he would be glad to be an uncle, I didn't have to worry about the child's dad rejection, I fell into a fit of laughter even though I was feeling nervous. He always thinks the worst.

His reaction when I told him part of the truth I wanted him to know about my mom's death and all that, without mentioning anything related to the mafia, his reaction was of total shock, he didn't talk for three minutes straight and I didn't bother his silence, I wanted him to process everything.

"So how do I come in?" he asked looking at me expectantly....."well," I said as I moved to where he was sitting, I brought my mouth closed to his ears as I whispered "we need to keep an eye on her, watch her every move and know what her plans are," at this point I couldn't even trust my surrounding, after all they usually say "walls have ears."

"So you want us to play spy?" he asked and I nod my head to affirm his statement,......."but can't we hire someone to do the job for us, It would be easier," he said suggestively,

"Well we could do that, but I don't know anyone I can trust apart from you and also I don't have money to pay any secret agent, the last part isn't true but he didn't need to know that.

"You don't but I do, you know it would be impossible for both of us to watch her when we both have work to do, but I know someone who can, I have this friend of mine and I trust him, I can give him the job of watching her, what do you think?" he asked looking at me expectantly, he had a point, I don't know why I didn't think this through, of course we couldn't watch her when we both had to report to work, even if he is the vice of his real estate company it didn't mean he could do as he pleases, which is one thing I love about Matthew, he's a disciplined man, never taking advantage of his power over people.

I'll have to trust him to handle this for me, I need to be ahead of whatever plan my resurrected mother is planning, I know this isn't any coincidence, we'll have to find out.

"Okay if you trust this person then we'll have to give him the job of watching her, I want to know what she does, who she meets with, everything possible he can uncover, I need every information, no matter how small it is, it is important.

Matthew called his agent and I waited for him patiently to finish the call, when he finished the call I asked him "what did he say?"..........."he wants a picture of her so he knows who he is supposed to watch,"

"That's the problem, I don't know if she would come to the store again, I don't know if I can find her picture on the internet, we'll just have to wait for when she shows up at the store again, I have a feeling she'll be visiting again soon," I said as I started pacing around with one finger tapping on my head and eyes closed in a thinking gesture, I had a faster way to get her picture, but it was too risky, if I log  into my Facebook account I could get a picture of her I have there, I remember posting a picture of her on her 6th year death anniversary. Even though she has gotten older, she still looks the same.

Matthew left after we agreed on taking photos of her, I myself decided to rest since it was the weekend, I soaked myself in my bathtub and enjoyed the feeling of the water, I didn't know when I fell asleep, but when I opened my eyes I was still in the bathtub, rinsing my body I got out of the tub, and after toweling my body I went into my room to get dressed, I picked a big shirt and sweat pants, pairing it with a thick socks, after dressing I went to the kitchen to find something to eat.