Chapter 19

Gabriel

The Don has become more cold If that was even possible, the only person ever deserving of his attention and smile was nowhere to be found, as his right hand man I am not proud that I haven't been able to find his daughter, she really was doing a great job at hiding, or perhaps could it be that someone was helping her hide? Could her friend know something about her where about but refused to tell me? Maybe they've even been in contact with each other but in secret.

These past few weeks I've been avoiding the boss in whatever way I could, only coming to his presence when he demanded I see him, because I knew that who ever I was to him wasn't as important as his daughter, I knew that any of these days his restraint would break and I or anyone could be at the receiving end.

We had checked everything we could, and all traces and records of her ended in London, it felt like there had never existed a Cara Elena Santiago. I wonder where she was hiding, could it possibly be that she was still in London, living under a fake identity? That could happen, or maybe in another country but still with a fake identity.

I still haven't been able to find where she had the camera hidden, which reminds me, I had to look for it, where could she have hidden it that the last time I checked I came up with, absolutely nothing? I have a feeling that she could still be able to watch us if she wanted to, and if that happens, it would make it harder for us to find her, because she'll always know our next move when it comes to finding her.

With that in mind, I made my way to the Don's office, I looked left and right to make sure no one was watching before I entered.

As I entered the office, I immediately began my search, I searched even the previous places that I had checked the last time, I was here for the same purpose, in case there was something I missed. I checked everywhere, looking up, down, hidden edges around the office still I came up with nothing, I combed through the office thoroughly but found nothing.

Feeling frustrated I hit the wall in anger leaning against it, because of my anger I didn't mind when I heard something shift, but when I looked up, Cara's picture was staring at me and I looked at the picture as if asking her why she was putting me through hell.

I noticed something at the upper end of the picture frame, I had to look closely at what it was as I picked it and closely examined it, it looked like a black button, I'll be a fool not to know that it wasn't any button but in fact the camera I've been going crazy looking for.

I was still examining the button when I heard a click and then a voice spoke,.... fuck I'm dead.

"What the hell are you doing sneaking around in my office?" the Don ask as I slowly turned around after slipping the camera into my pocket, I faced him as he had a gun directly pointed to my face, how the hell am I going to escape this? I'm done for, how do I explain it?

Just explain it to him he'll understand, my inner mind whispered to me, but I shut it down immediately, like how do I start.

'Hey Don your daughter had a camera in your office and as your right hand man I didn't notice a thing and she had been watching us for months, I happen to know about this when I sneaked in her room and took her laptop, and now I had to sneak into your office too,' I just can't imagine how that would go, I don't think I'll live to find out,

"I am going to ask you this one more time and I swear if you give me an answer that annoys me, I'll remind you that anyone can be replaced, so answer carefully," he said with a very menacing voice.

I knew I had to tell him the truth even if I plan on telling him half of it, I couldn't give the Don a reason to mistrust me again, I knew if he had any form of doubt again towards me, I was done for, like he said, I could easily be replaced, the fact that I'm one of his best cannot change that fact, I had to be careful with my words.