Chapter 28

I  haven't heard any news from Matthew in three days, I wanted to worry but told myself that perhaps he was just very busy, there's isn't a day we don't speak to each other, but when I called his brother Derek he told me he haven't heard from him too, he told me it was normal because sometimes when the work load get too much for him, he takes some days away from everyone and everything that could distract him and until he was done with his work he wouldn't come out.

I took the day off from work because I caught a cold and didn't want to be sneezing around at work, I'll just chase all the customers away.

Since the day I met my mother at the grocery store, I haven't been able to go back to buy the remaining things I couldn't get, I wasn't even in the mood to go shopping, I just needed fresh air, I think the beach would do me good.

I went inside my room to get myself ready as I packed everything I would be needing for the beach, my swim suit and mat to lay on, I also packed some snacks, something to snack on while I relax.

As I opened my door to step out, I saw a small box laying in front of my door, not thinking much of it because I know the only person who sends me things like this is Matthew, I picked up the box and open it to see an envelope inside, like seriously, he could just send me a text rather than going old fashion and sending me a letter, I took the envelope and put it in my bag as I continue the walk down the stairs.

I took a cab to the beach and since today wasn't the weekend, it wasn't filled with many people, I took a spot as I placed my mat on the floor and lay on it. I really didn't know why I brought a swim suit because I didn't even plan on swimming.

It felt refreshing to just sit outside under the sun with the sound of the waves.

Remembering Matthew's letter, I go to open it but my phone started ringing distracting me.

Putting it back in my bag, I picked up my phone to see Grace's name flashing on the screen,...."hello, is there a problem Grace?" I asked sounding worried,....."no, no, there's no problem Jenny, I just wanted to know how you were feeling," she said and I could hear the concern in her voice, it's so sweet when people actually care about me.

"Am fine Grace, as I matter of fact am at the beach so you don't have to think I spent all day covered up in my blanket," I said to her as I sat up from my laying position,..."how are things at work? hope the customer are not causing too much trouble?

"It's just the usual, they come make demands and just show you how much money they have and how they think you're below them," she said and I laughed at that, she isn't wrong at all, most of our customers wants you to kiss their feet, just because they think they're more richer than you and you don't belong to their class, it's nothing new,

"Okay, I'll hang up now, I have to go back to work, get well soon and see you when you resume," she said before hanging up.

I stayed in the beach for a short while before packing up my things and heading home.

When I got to my apartment, I made my way straight to my bathroom and took a hot shower, I took time to wash my hair because I haven't given it too much attention because my body had been weak and I was feeling too lazy, after I was done with bathing, I sat down as I took time blowing and combing my hair, when I finished with my hair, I went to my closet to choose something to wear.

Fully dress I made my way to my bed to rest.

I woke up the next morning feeling better than I've felt in the last two days, it actually is true that nature is the best medicine for the soul, maybe I should consider being a female monk, I laughed internally at the thought, I quickly got ready for work as I woke up late, I didn't have time to make breakfast so I just got ready with the intention of getting something to eat at work.