Chapter 29

I was a trembling mess inside but there was no way I was going to show that, I would keep my sass till I die, I wouldn't die a scared cow,

"Why don't you go ahead and start the fire?" I asked, that was a stupid thing to even say, but I wasn't even thinking at the moment so am not sure what was even coming out of my mouth,

I suddenly felt a tight grip on my jaw, it hurt as hell coupled with my uncomfortable position,..."I didn't come here to have a chit chat with you, so mind what you say, the reason I haven't granted your wish is because I see that as being merciful to you, so watch your tongue or I might as well take it off your mouth and send you to hell," he threatened, you can say I've lost all sanity because after being warned not to talk I still opened my mouth to speak,

"Not like I wanted to have a chit chat with you, if you had just died like you were supposed to, we wouldn't be here right now," I said, I think I striked a nerve with that because I heard him give an order to someone I didn't even know joined us in the room,......"bring her down," he said and I saw a man move to untie me, well if I knew that was all it took for them to remove me from this uncomfortable position I would have done it a long time.

The man untied me and who was I to complain, I could feel that terrible beings eyes on me all the while, and it was annoying me that I was in such situation.

"Take her to the torture room," he said to the man before making his way out of the cell, surely he was heading to the torture room or to go prepare himself to come torture me, I was human after all, no matter how strong I was claiming to be, I was scared, not that I would admit that to their face, I was heading towards death after all.

The man dragged me to somewhere, a place I already know was the torture room, when he opened the door and threw me inside locking it, I knew I was done for, yeah the room looked fucking terrible, it's more like a butcher room, the room screamed you're not gonna get her alive, even if you do, you're gonna break a lot of bones.

I blew out hair from my mouth to control my nervous heart beat, I heard the door opened and Dante with another man entered the room, I think I'll prefer calling him evil beast, the name Dante sounded like I nice name for a human being, not for a beast like him,

"Tie her up," the evil beast said as he motioned for one of his men to tie me up, the man made his way as he dragged me towards a chair,...."no need to be violent, all you could do is ask me nicely to sit down and I would have complied," I taunted, knowing it would annoy the fuck out of them,

"Cut or tie that fucking mouth of hers," the Don boomed in anger, I only laughed which seemed to fuel  his anger, his minion tied me to the chair and I didn't even struggle, I was doing a staring contest with the beast who was throwing me daggers with his eyes,

I think I found a new hobby, and it's digging my grave further, I already established the fact since a long time that my grave was already dug, I gave the beast a wink, digging my grave further, at least if they're going to tie my mouth, so I can't speak, I could at least use my eyes, maybe until he decides to pull them out.

"Am going to break you," he said as he rolled the knife he had on his hand, using his finger to play with the tip of his knife until he drew blood, you know if my mouth wasn't tapped I did tell him to try something new, I've read enough novels to know that mafia men always want to break women who are stubborn and refuse their command, women like me who are scared on the inside and brave on the outside, he wants me to show fear, he has to kill me first.

I watched as he leaned towards me and then whispered in my ear "I've waited a long time for this, and am going to make you pay so dearly, you'll wish you were never born," as if trying to make a point, he started tracing the knife from my jaw down to my neck, when he reached a vein, he pressed the knife a little but didn't break a skin as if he was trying to tell me he could kill me right now and there isn't nothing I could do about it.