Chapter 63: Dream Interpretation

Klein proceeded a few steps forward and saw the client. He was dressed in a formal black suit and a halved top hat. He held a gold-inlaid wooden cane and his short blond hair flared from the sides. His nose was aquiline like a hawk’s beak.

Anna’s fiancé... The Joyce Meyer that went through a terrifying ordeal. Klein, who had seen him in his dream divination, immediately greeted with a smile, “Good afternoon, Mister Meyer.”

“Good afternoon, Mr. Moretti.” Joyce took off his hat and bowed in greeting. “Thank you for the advice you gave Anna. She cannot stop praising how miraculous you are.”

Klein chortled and said, “I did not change a thing. You should be thanking yourself. Without your determination and your hope for a better tomorrow, you wouldn’t have been able to overcome such an ordeal.”

After the exchange of pleasantries, Klein could not help but lampoon inwardly.

Does this count as mutual professional bootlicking?

“In all honesty, I still find my coming back alive a dream. I still cannot believe that I survived wave after wave of terrifying ordeals.” Joyce shook his head wistfully.

Without waiting for Klein’s reply, he asked curiously, “You knew who I was the moment you saw me. Was that because of my unique nose, or because you divined that I would visit you?”

“I had your detailed information. That is enough for a seer,” Klein answered vaguely, behaving like how a charlatan would.

Joyce was indeed stunned. More than ten seconds later, he squeezed a smile.

“Mr. Moretti, I wish to request a divination from you.”

The moment he finished his sentence, he suddenly realized something.

Mr. Klein Moretti had addressed himself as a seer, not a fortune-teller. A seer!

“Alright, let us head to Topaz.” Klein gestured.

At that moment, he felt as though he should have worn a long black robe. He tried to keep his words to a minimum to accentuate the mystique of a seer.

Joyce Meyer locked the door behind him after entering the divination room. While he observed his surroundings, Klein seized the opportunity to tap his glabella twice and activated his Spirit Vision.

Joyce sat down and set his cane down beside him. He pulled on his black bow tie and said hoarsely, “Mr. Moretti, I wish for you to interpret my dream.”

“Dream interpretation?” Klein acted as though it was within his expectations, but was merely asking for confirmation.

He saw that the colors representing Joyce’s health were dull, but none of them signified an impending illness. The colors symbolizing his emotions were predominantly blue, and its darkness showed that he was obviously high strung.

Joyce nodded seriously.

“I have had the same horrific dream every night ever since the Alfalfa arrived at Enmat Harbor. I know that this could be associated with the trauma of the ordeal and that I should go see a psychiatrist, but I suspect that this is no ordinary dream. A normal dream would definitely have some details that are different even if they recur every night, but this dream is, at the very least, constant in the parts which I can recall.”

“To a seer, these kinds of dreams are seen as revelations given by the divine,” Klein said, half consoling and half explaining. “Can you describe the dream to me?”

Joyce clenched his fists and up to his. He thought deep for a moment before saying, “I dreamed that I was falling from the Alfalfa into the ocean. The ocean was dark red, as if it was filled with rotting blood.