Chapter 65: Beyonder Information

With a document signed by Dunn, Klein went underground and turned into the armory.

“Dunn is right. It’s time you understand the different Beyonders and the various secret organizations.” Dressed in a black classic robe, Old Neil read the note without finding it surprising. Instead, he supported the captain’s decision.

He then added immediately with a smile, “After all, you will be heading to the underground market with me tomorrow night.”

“Tomorrow night?” Klein did not conceal his pleasant surprise as he asked to confirm.

Old Neil nodded and said with a sigh, “I’m a person who can’t sleep when in debt. I always wish to settle them as soon as I can.”

You did not seem to act so previously. You left it to the last moment before using ritualistic magic to resolve the problem... So, I’m not the only one suffering from procrastination... Wait, is there a need to euphemize ‘afraid to spend away the money to repay a loan?’ Klein did not expose Old Neil and instead urged, “Mr. Neil, I’ll be troubling you to retrieve the corresponding information from Chanis Gate.”

There were mostly archaeological and historical documents in the armory. There were documents involving Beyonders and mysterious organizations, but few in number. Furthermore, they were mostly basic knowledge.

Old Neil slowly took a sip from his hand-ground coffee and smacked his lips. He then walked out the armory with the signed and stamped document. Klein watched the place on his behalf.

About ten minutes later, Old Neil returned with a huge stack of documents.

“They can only be read in here. They are not to be taken out,” he warned as he placed the information on the desk.

“Alright.” Klein gave a firm nod. He extended his hands and quickly flipped through the pages and did a general read through.

Very detailed... As expected of the Nighthawks’s internal documents... As expected of a Church with four thousand years history or even more... Klein sighed inwardly as he glanced through the documents.

Not only did the documents introduce the various secret organizations, it also listed down many of the Sequence pathways. It was very complete. Some of them only wrote the potion name of the corresponding Sequence while others only described the Beyonder abilities of the corresponding Sequence. Some were completely missing and left blank.

While holding back his excitement, Klein found the Sequence pathway that led from Seer.

He ruffled through the pages and soon found a familiar word.

Then, his delighted expression quickly froze because there was no corresponding potion name—Sequences 7 and 8—after Seer!

Thankfully, the abilities of the two following Sequences are present... Klein silently exhaled as he calmed his mind and read the description seriously.

“Sequence 8: Potion name unknown. The corresponding Beyonder is good at fighting with artifice and very crafty.”

Good at fighting with artifice? This is the next advancement of Seer? Why does it feel odd... I’m not a hunter... Am I going to become a melee mage? What does crafty mean? My intelligence is enhanced, making me good at fooling the enemy? Klein was stunned. He even suspected that the Nighthawks’s information was wrong.

There were corresponding case studies appended, but he could not find a reasonable explanation despite reading it repeatedly.

He cast his gaze lower as the description of Sequence 7 entered his eyes.