Chapter 87: Exhortation

“Has it really been resolved?” Elizabeth asked in disbelief.

Klein smiled and nodded casually.

“Yes.”

“It wasn’t too hard.”

That last part was a lie... He added inwardly.

Perhaps it was the fact that Klein had been calm and collected all this time, or perhaps he was her only ray of hope. Either way, Elizabeth didn’t doubt him any more. She patted her chest and heaved a sigh of relief.

“Thank you. You truly are a trustworthy gentleman. I was scared senseless just now.

“How is Selena? Is she fine now?”

ʀᴇᴀᴅ ʟᴀᴛᴇsᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀs ᴀᴛ ꜰʀᴇᴇᴡᴇʙɴᴏᴠᴇʟ. ᴄoᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ.

“She might remain unconscious for the next few minutes, but she’s completely fine now. Oh, two to three days of weakness is to be expected.” Klein suddenly had a stern expression on his face as he asked, “Who taught her mysticism? Didn’t he tell her about the basic taboos?”

Elizabeth straightened up a little more like a student who had just been scolded by her teacher.

She thought for a moment before saying, “Selena once mentioned that her teacher is Hanass Vincent. She met him a year ago at the Divination Club on Howes Street.”

Hanass Vincent... On the surface, he didn’t seem to teach anything questionable about magic mirror divination, but he secretly been teaching dark divination... If I knew about this earlier, then I would have reported it to Captain and have raided him earlier... Klein felt some regret as he asked in a deep voice, “Was he also the one who taught Selena magic mirror divination?”

Klein was left with a lingering sense of fear because this matter had nearly affected his sister — Melissa!

Elizabeth nodded cautiously.

“Yes, but Selena had tried magic mirror divination a few times without any success. Oh, today she told me that she had a peek at her teacher’s hidden incantations and that there would be no problems.”

She was basically an expert at courting death... Klein massaged his temples to alleviate his headache.

“Do you still remember the incantations she recited?”

Well... Although Hanass Vincent had not voluntarily imparted the dangerous knowledge to Selena, it’s obvious that he had been experimenting with it to extend an invitation to a mysterious, unknown entity. This would become a problem sooner or later. It has to be dealt with quickly before it gets worse and becomes a problem for someone else...

“I remember a part of it...” Elizabeth recalled. “She recited it in Hermes. As you know, I was only exposed to Hermes just recently. All I remember is her using the terms ‘revolve,’ ‘spirit,’ ‘Creator,’ and ‘grace.’”

Creator? The True Creator? Many underground mysticism enthusiasts believe in this ancient entity revered by many secret organizations... Yes, an entity that appeared 1000 years ago during the early stages of the Fifth Epoch! Klein nodded amidst his thought and said, “Remember to ask Selena about the entire incantation after she wakes up, then find an opportunity to tell me.”

“Alright,” Elizabeth replied without any reservations.

But she immediately asked, feeling a little confused, “Mr. Moretti, why don’t you ask her yourself?”

“I don’t want to let Melissa know I enjoy mysticism. Can you help me keep that a secret?” Klein asked in return.

Elizabeth bit her lips, her eyes sparkling.