Chapter 116: Lanevus's Child

Christina didn’t notice the seer’s blank look. She took a peek at Angelica over at the reception desk, lowered her voice, and said, “I mean Lanevus’s child.”

She extended her hand to point at the young lady with the sunhat and said, “This is my niece, Megose. Her mother is my elder sister. I’m very sorry and regretful that I thought Lanevus was an outstanding young man back then, and I introduced Megose to Lanevus, who was single. Then they became lovers.

“Megose’s parents were happy with Lanevus at first too. They planned to pour all their savings into the steel company after they got engaged. Luckily, before that happened, Lanevus ran away. Their family didn’t encounter any life-threatening losses. Unfortunately, my sister and brother-in-law have to explain to their relatives and friends why the engagement ceremony will be canceled, and they have to worry about the child that Megose is bearing.

“We believe in the God of Steam and Machinery; we are not believers of Lord of Storms. We don’t believe in chastity before marriage. We don’t blame Megose, and even pity her. However, the existence of the child does make things difficult, especially since he has such a father.”

He took advantage of people both financially and sexually... Klein looked towards Megose who was standing quietly next to her. He then realized that the lady was quite a beauty.

She had a bright forehead, long blond hair, and a pair of big eyes just like Christina’s. She looked depressed yet calm, and her lips were tightly pursed together.

What an infuriating swindler, and he even got away successfully... Klein cursed at Lanevus and said after some thought, “If it was a child that is already born, I do have a way to divine Lanevus’s whereabouts using the child as an aid. But unfortunately, this would require us to wait a few months. Yes, this might be a reflection of the divination result earlier. Be patient and wait persistent without being greedy, then there will be an opportunity of seeing the sunlight.”

“A few months...” Christina mumbled to herself as she shook her head. “No, after such a long period of time, even if we find Lanevus, we wouldn’t be able to get back our money...”

She looked sideways at Megose. Her voice lowered unconsciously as she asked, “Do you have anything that Lanevus carried around before?”

“No,” Megose answered clearly yet gently. “Would the ring he gave me count?”

“It must be something that he carried for a very long time.” Klein shook his head.

Christina remained silent for a while and looked at Megose when she said, “You have to make a decision. I think keeping this child would make your future tough and thorny. Are you going to tell him that his father was a swindler and took away many people’s money, including his mother’s?

“Time to head to the clinic, to the hospital. Plus, this could help us to find Lanevus, to get what we lost.”

Hey, isn’t such divination a little hardcore? It was not Klein’s place to involve himself in the family matters of others. So, he could only wait patiently by the side as he lampooned inwardly from time to time.

Megose lowered her head and looked down. She didn’t speak for quite a while.

Then, she touched her stomach and revealed a gentle smile.

“He is different from his father. He will be a considerate and likable child.

“He will kick me lightly every day, telling me his mood. He will even hum a song, whistle and use music to help me sleep...”

Klein heard and suddenly felt something amiss.

The former part of what Megose said seemed to be normal, but the latter part was like the ravings of a madwoman.