Chapter 106: Artist Klein

After eight in the evening, in the Moretti family’s dining room.

As he looked at the shallow soup left in the bowl, Benson raised his hand to cover his mouth to give a satisfied burp.

“Although that was our third time eating it, I still find it delicious. The sourness and sweetness of the tomato and the chewy texture of the oxtail blends into a perfect and unique flavor. Klein, I’m sorry that the Blackthorn Security Company caused Tingen City to lose such an outstanding chef.”

Melissa leaned backwards in her chair and nodded in agreement silently.

“This is because you have yet to try real cooking.” Klein smiled humbly. “If we have a chance in the future, let’s head to Bonaparte Restaurant on Howes Street for some authentic Intis cuisine, and also to Coastline Restaurant in the Golden Indus borough for some southern delicacies.”

These were restaurants that were always covered in the newspapers, where the average cost per person was around a pound and a half.

“I like your cooking more,” Melissa answered without hesitation.

Benson chuckled and changed the topic.

“But I ultimately feel that there’s something lacking from the tomato oxtail soup. Perhaps, it shouldn’t be eaten with bread?”

Klein nodded in agreement.

“It’s best complemented with rice.”

“Rice...” Melissa muttered with an expression of yearning.

Tingen, which was located north, wasn’t considered a big city. Besides a few particular restaurants, it was difficult to have any chance of eating rice.

To Benson and Melissa, this kind of food only existed in the descriptions of newspapers and textbooks.

Looking at his sister’s expression, Klein laughed.

“Wait till we save another six month’s salary, and we will find a chance to go on vacation in Desi Bay and try the delicacies there.”

Desi Bay was located in the far south of the Loen Kingdom, and a third of it belonged to Feynapotter Kingdom. It had plenty of sunlight and beautiful scenery, and the paella there was very famous.

Before Melissa could share her opinion on saving money, Klein said, “In another three months, I should get another raise. By then, we could totally fulfill our desire to travel as well as save money for necessities.”

“Why?” Benson and Melissa’s attention was redirected as expected.

Klein coughed lightly and smiled while explaining, “Due to my professionalism, the police department which always collaborates with our company intends to hire me as their part-time history consultant. They would pay me extra, at least two pounds a week. If you see me in a police uniform in the future and showing the corresponding police documentation, please don’t be shocked.

“Of course, as you know, the work efficiency in governmental departments is as slow as a ninety-year-old lady’s footsteps. They still have to go through a lengthy procedure, and they’re required to do a thorough inspection of me. Hence, on my off days for the next two months, I’ll be heading to Khoy University quite often to see my mentor and the teaching staff I know to learn more.”

Seeing the shocked look in his brother and sister’s eyes, he paused and said with a strange expression, “Just like Emperor Roselle said, ‘One is never too old to learn.’”

Benson maintained a few seconds of silence before saying in a half self-deprecating and half emotional manner, “Is it too late for me to sign up for university? Knowledge really is wealth.”