Chapter 142: Association

Klein obviously couldn’t just bring up the Telepathist formula right at the start. However, he didn’t hide his intention either. After all, the man opposite him was a Spectator. He wouldn’t be conned so easily.

“Has Hood Eugen behaved unusually recently?” he first asked Daxter Guderian about the patient in the asylum who was a member of the Psychology Alchemists.

Daxter examined Klein’s eyes, expression, and gestures. He thought and said, “No, he’s acting normal. Frankly speaking, I think if he really wanted to leave the asylum, he could immediately behave in a very healthy and very normal manner. But he hasn’t done so, and he continues to stay in the asylum. He appears to be treating every patient. Yes, patients who exhibit chaotic, violent, or abnormal thoughts appear to be getting better. Maybe Hood Eugen is trying to train his Beyonder powers with this method.”

Psychiatrist, Sequence 7 that corresponds to Spectator? Perhaps even higher... Since Hood Eugen isn’t a doctor in the asylum but entered as a patient, it means that he hasn’t truly grasped the acting method. It should be as Daxter has guessed; he’s probably training his Beyonder skills and doing so resembles that of the “acting method.” To a certain extent, it could slow down the potion’s negative influence. Hence, Hood Eugen decided to just take the asylum as his home... Klein openly showed that he was in deep thought regarding Hood Eugen’s matter.

Because that would make Daxter Guderian feel that he knew and understood a lot, making him appear unfathomable.

With this in mind, Klein guessed something else. The Psychology Alchemists hadn’t grasped the “acting method.” After all, even a mainstay member at the Sequence 7 was unaware of this. In this era with few Beyonders, a Sequence 7 was considered mid level in any secret organization. They were important enough to know crucial matters, especially those that could help members resist the loss of control.

Plus, the Psychology Alchemists was a secret organization that had only been established in the last three hundred years or even earlier. It was understandable that they hadn’t grasped or deduced the “acting method.” The only organization that brought up the method explicitly was the Secret Order. They were an ancient organization that had more than fifteen hundred years of history and could be traced back to the previous epoch!

Hey, the Church of the Goddess is even older than the Secret Order. Just the Letter of Saints from the The Revelation of Evernight clearly indicates that it’s nearly three thousand years old. That’s not to mention the mythical legends before that... How could such an ancient church not discover the “acting method?”

During the long history of a huge organization, there must have been members who experimented with various possibilities, just like Spirit Medium Daly. They might not have understood the principle of the acting method in detail, but they acted out the name of the potion correctly anyway. They would have discovered the gist of it through the good feedback they received. As that accumulates through the generations of Nighthawks, unless the higher-ups were a bunch of curly-haired baboons, it would be impossible to deduce the “acting method!”

Klein’s thoughts made the connection and was suddenly shocked.

To the Nighthawks who didn’t know of the “acting method,” someone like Spirit Medium Daly was a genius, an example that an ordinary member couldn’t emulate. Hence, no one suspected that the experience of Daly and others could be adapted for their own use.

But to those who have grasped the “acting method,” this would be extremely odd!

Klein believed that in the long history of the Church of the Evernight Goddess, Spirit Medium Daly was definitely not the first member to have used the “acting method ” to digest the Low Sequence potions quickly. She might not even be in the top ten or top fifty!