Chapter 149: Direct Hint

Klein looked at the serious Dunn Smith and smiled suddenly.

“Captain, I understood something yesterday.”

“And what is that?” Dunn repeated the question in a serious tone. He leaned back and unfolded his crossed arms.

Klein recalled the script that he had prepared.

“As I was concluding my past experiences, I realized that the names of Sequence potions encompass a whole set of principles that can help us gain control over them, a set of principles that allow us to avoid the negative impacts. When we’re doing things according to these set of principles, we seem to become a member of the corresponding job.

“Similarly, these sets of principles are hidden. They aren’t made known to you directly. All we can do is make conclusions from the corresponding job bit by bit, then adjust our understanding based on the different feedback we receive.

“Thus, when I became a real Seer at the Divination Club and obtained my set of principles for the Seer, the auditory and visual illusions that plagued me just vanished.

“That is what I understood.”

After finishing his narration, Klein heaved a sigh to himself. He said everything he needed to say, other than explicitly mentioning the term ‘acting.’

Sigh, let’s hope that the Captain doesn’t tell the Church that I’ve already developed such ideas when he is asked. That would place much more attention on me... There’s also the factor of the relationship between the Seer pathway and the Antigonus family. That might cause trouble eventually. But the Captain has also experienced all kinds of situations, and he’s an experienced and smart person. Once he understands the “acting method,” he’ll definitely notice that the Church is hiding relevant information. He’ll know what he should say and what he shouldn’t... Klein had many complicated thoughts.

But he quickly made a decision and had a plan.

If the Captain was still unable to understand the “acting method” or sense of the cover-up by the Church, then I’ll tell him straight up before submitting the special application!

Yes, I’ll probe him first and determine what he knows...

Dunn listened to Klein’s description in silence, his gray eyes becoming even deeper.

He was silent for nearly twenty seconds as he rubbed his temples before he picked up his pipe and took a whiff.

After sniffing it, he took out a matchbox, seemingly forgetting about the rules of the Nighthawks.

The white smoke billowed into the air as Dunn closed his eyes, seemingly appreciating the smell of tobacco.

After a while, he opened his eyes and smiled at Klein.

“I’m sorry, I forgot that you don’t smoke.”

“Smoking is bad for your health,” Klein answered in all seriousness.

Dunn thought with his pipe in his hand.

“I seem to have understood something too.”

No Captain, you don’t understand anything! Just don’t loiter in my dreams too often!Klein didn’t speak and instead, gave a friendly smile.

“Perhaps it won’t be too long before you submit the special application to me...” Dunn said to Klein, half-jokingly as he took a deep puff of the mint and tobacco.

Can I submit it tomorrow? Klein replied inwardly. He took out his pocket watch and looked at the time.

“Captain, I have be at Old Neil’s. Today’s mysticism lessons are starting soon.”