Chapter 94: Hidden Sage

“The Fallen Creator... Fallen...” Alger ruminated over The Fool’s words and fell deep in thought.

However, what struck Alger the most was The Fool’s relaxed, natural, and nonchalant attitude.

He acted as if they were equal!

If he hadn’t experienced their previous ritual, Alger might have thought The Fool was merely bluffing, and building himself up to intimidate him and Justice. But now, he was of the opinion that even if The Fool was inferior to the True Creator, he was at least close to that level.

It’s dangerous. It’s also an opportunity... Alger muttered softly. He then spoke with a smile, “Mr. Fool, your description is indeed more appropriate. According to our observations, Beyonders who believed in the True Creator, no—the Fallen Creator, have a higher probability of losing control. The rest of them are mostly psychopaths.”

That’s something that the Nighthawks’ intelligence mentioned as well... And the so-called ‘psychopaths’ didn’t lose their sanity; instead, their ideologies become twisted... Klein maintained his seated posture but didn’t continue with the conversation.

He was still considering how to inquire about the Secret Order and Clown potion, but he couldn’t figure out a way of asking the questions in a way that fit with his persona.

It’s such a pity that the Gathering is still so different from an Internet forum. Otherwise, I could create another smurf account to join the Gathering, and that account would be in charge of asking questions that are inconvenient for me to ask... Perhaps, one day, I’ll learn mirror-related magic and give it a try. For example, I can make half the members here my smurf accounts...

There are twenty-two chairs here, and there are twenty-two cards in the tarot deck. That matches up perfectly. But when I ‘created’ this divine hall, I didn’t even name myself ‘The Fool’ or have any intention of forming a ‘Tarot Club’. Hmm, do these symbolize the twenty-two different Sequence pathways?

I wanted a divine hall, so a divine hall appeared. If I wanted a smurf account, would I get a smurf account...

Upon seeing The Fool remain silently engulfed in the thick gray fog, Audrey asked both wistfully and curiously, “That sounds scary. Mr. Hanged Man, could you share, in detail, information about each, and every mysterious organization? And also the matters regarding each secret cult? It’s hard for me to come into contact with them during my daily life. I can only understand them through the both of you. I’m willing to pay for it. May I know what you’d like in return?”

That’s a great question! Miss Justice, you’re playing the role of my smurf account to a certain extent... This way, The Hanged Man will definitely bring up the Secret Order... You’re the best! Klein’s mind stirred when he heard that, but he didn’t let his emotions show through his expression or movements.

Alger thought for a moment before saying, “I need money—a thousand pounds. It’d be best if they weren’t bills marked by a serial number. Or maybe gemstones that have just been unearthed. Price them according to the Backlund Jewelry Exchange’s monthly average price.”

A thousand pounds? That’s a huge sum of money. It could be used to buy a house in a high-class street in Tingen City! Not everyone would have that available immediately... Captain might have an annual salary like that, I guess? Hayley’s death compensation was only three hundred pounds... Although Miss Justice is a noble, she obviously hasn’t inherited her family’s wealth yet, and she’ll only be receiving some sort of annual allowance... Hmm, it’s no wonder that The Hanged Man stated that it could be paid via gemstones... Klein was very sensitive towards monetary figures. Luckily, he was blanketed in thick fog.