CHAPTER 1

A/N: Please note that this story is in unedited form and includes medical terminology that may be challenging to understand.

Kai Maureen Anderson

Ilang minuto na akong nag-hahantay dito sa loob ng car ko. I've attempted to call her multiple times, but she hasn't answered. Feeling a bit anxious, I decided to give her one more call, and fortunately, she finally answered.

"Where are you Babe? Malolobat na ako" I said as I furrowed because of resetleness.

[Wait lang Babe, on the way na."]

"Okay, dito ako malapit sa tindahan katapat ng bakery"

[Okay babe] end call.

I got out of the car and headed towards the nearest store. Taking a quick look around the surroundings, I couldn't help but notice the lively and somewhat chaotic atmosphere of the place. It was bustling with people, creating a vibrant and energetic scene.

"Sa dinami-dami ng lugar kung bakit dito pa talaga sya magpapasundo". I whispered to myself as I walked towards the store.

Nang makarating ako sa tindahan agad kong sinilip sa loob to check if someone is in there. But no one.

"Pabili po.." medyo malakas na boses na saad ko pero walang sumagot, hindi yata ako narinig.

"Pabili.." For this time, I raised my voice as I calling the tindera. However, they still couldn't hear me. I scratched the back of my neck out of irritation. The weather was also blisteringly hot, which only added to my discomfort.

"Pabili!" I yelled out and finally someone rocked up. I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"Isang kaha nga po ng malboro." Saad ko sa medyo masungit na tone.  Kung bakit pa kasi magbubukas ng sari-sari store business pero hindi naman binabantayan? Ang hirap magtawag especially sa mga kagaya ko na mahina lang ang boses.

"150" Sabi nya at saka nya inabot sakin ang isang kaha ng sigarilyo. I also handed her my payment and quickly grabbed the cigarette I bought. I took one stick and walked a few steps before I stop. As I stood there, I reached into my pocket and took out the lighter. I ignited the flame and lit a cigarette, taking a deep inhale before exhaling a plume of smoke.

Afterward, I carefully returned my wallet to my trouser pocket and glanced at my wristwatch to check the time. I let out a sigh as I realized it had been a few minutes past since she last answered my call. I felt disappointed and made a firm decision that this would be the last time I would get frisky with her. I was absolutely certain that it wouldn't happen again. Sobrang tagal nya, sayang ang oras ko.

Habang nagsisigarilyo, I was suddenly interrupted by someone who came out of nowhere and accidentally bumped into me. I shot her a deadpan look to her while biting my lip in frustration. I noticed the girl with long black hair with cap, dressed in slightly faded black t-shirt, and sneakers with visible holes. She was quite petite, probably around 5'2" to 5'3" in height.

"Ay sorry!" Anas ng babae. I was proper startled by the force of her bump, and it actually made me pause for a moment.

"Naman oh! careful! The pathway is fair dinkum wide!" Asik ko, sabay ang pagismid. Hindi ko maiwasan ang magtaas ng boses, dahil nalaglag din ang cellphone ko dahil sa pagbunggo nya.

I crouched down to grab my mobile phone from the ground, but before I could get to it, the girl swiped it and ran away. I was startled by what was happening, ang bilis ng mga pangyayari. But my adrenaline started pumping. Without a second thought, I took a stride and sprinted after her.