Unfinished Business

As promised there were two Silver Legion vampiresses standing at parade rest just outside the biometric-protected outer door to the office.

"Commander," one of them greeted him as he stepped out. "If you'll follow us, sir." Then they were striding forward briskly, forcing Lash to move quickly to keep up.

They were halfway down the first straight corridor through the castle's heart when Druzha appeared out of a side passageway and fell in beside him.

"There you are," she said with a displeased sniff. "You weren't in your quarters when I came looking for you."

"My apologies, Night Mistress," he replied with a quick look over at her. "But the Lord Commander had me brought to the war room to review our current tactical situation."

The small company paused and stepped to the side to let a squad of armed legionnaires in full armor jog by, intent on reaching their battle station as quickly as possible. Then, as soon as the last one was by, they resumed their steady march to the conclave chamber.

"So we have the Lord Commander to thank for the stirred hornets' nest," Dru said with an unhappy twist of her lips as she turned enough to watch the legionnaires disappear around a corner. Her expression then tightened.

"And denied access to you."

"My deepest regrets for that, Night Mistress," Lash hastened to say. "The tactical situation was evolving rapidly. We needed to ..." Then he was being pulled around to face the fiery lilith.

"No," she said, going up on her tiptoes to get closer to his eye level, taking his face in both of her hands as she pressed herself against him.

"You do not need to apologize for the Lord Commander's failings, Lash. We all know who the true soldier here is."

Lash glanced over at their escort, which had pulled up when Dru pulled him to a stop. And nearly frowned when, upon making eye contact, they gave subtle nods of agreement.

Then he returned her gaze.

"Perhaps not, Night Mistress," he said. "But the goals of the Lord Commander, the Silver Legion, and me are the same. Keeping the Queens of our people safe!"

Dru looked at him for a long moment, emotions playing freely across her face as her dark eyes devoured his image. Then she was stretching up and simultaneously pulling him down to kiss him.

And it was no ordinary kiss. Filled with passion, longing, and desire, it was a lover's kiss. The kind a couple exchanged after a long time apart. Or the morning after intense, meaningful lovemaking. The kind filled with emotion along with the physical desire.

Gathering up the lithe yet buxom lilith in his arms, Lash fervently returned the kiss's passion and power. Despite his misgivings, he had thoroughly enjoyed his time with the delightful and energetic Nosferatu lilith, who in a handful of moments, had become one of his favorite lovers. And, judging by the passion she had in her embrace, he was fairly high on her list as well.

Then they were finally drawing apart, licking each other's blood off their lips.

"I feel safer in your arms than I could with a regiment of Silver Legion m'tada surrounding me," she huskily confessed, the tip of her nose touching his. "For good reason." Then, a bit louder:

"Legionnaires, do you believe the vampire in my arms possesses the skill and power to defeat the entire Legion and take this castle single-handed?"

There was no hesitation.

"Absolutely, Night Mistress." "Blindfolded and with one arm behind his back, Night Mistress."

Again a look over at the two legionnaires found them nodding in confirmation, wry smiles on their faces.