Chapter 19: The Dark Edge's Bleeding Pieces

The big vampire wasn't sure how long he was actually unconscious. He just knew that something had radically changed while he was beyond awareness and as soon as his subconscious registered it, it began to bring him to full wakefulness. Eyes blinking, he quickly pushed the remaining cobwebs out of his mind thanks to his training as Qos Viran and assessed his immediate surroundings.

The first thing he noticed was that he and Ellie were still spooning. He also quickly noticed that he was fully engorged and buried deeply inside her. Somehow she had managed to pull her clothing enough out of the way, and get his track pants down enough to free his manhood without breaking their spoon or waking him up. Then, as the sweet melange of her pheromones filled his nostrils, her body had done the rest of the work to get both of them ready.

The hand he had curled around her now filled with one of her generous breasts, he began to shift to pull out. Only to get her hand on his hip to hold him inside.

"Not yet," she breathed throatily. "I'm nearly there." And she started to slowly roll her hips.

Lash fought the impulse to sigh first in frustration, then resignation. They called him 'Wolf of Frankfurt', and the 'Vampire God of the Ventru' because of his power and prowess in battle. And yet, in the last two weeks, he had never felt so powerless in the presence of the true mistresses of the People of the Night: the liliths.

And now even Ellie was taking advantage of him. His childhood friend. He should've been able to trust her. While there were things about her situation that made it understandable why she would seek out the smallest measure of comfort in the arms of a friend, it still made him feel ... used. A feeling that had its roots in his continuing problem with the memories of how Anka had tortured and abused him.

Time to end this!

"You want to get there?" he growled, squeezing her breast and making her gasp with pleasure. "Then let's do it properly!" And he leaned in close to bite her in the neck, sending a spurt of hot blood almost too sweet from hormonal saturation, into his mouth.

Ellie shuddered as his fangs went deep. Then her hips were snapping her buttocks back into his crotch repeatedly as she climaxed hard.

"Lash," she moaned when she finally found her voice again as her body released its tension in a long, massive surge.

"I love you, Lash."
That was enough to make him unlatch.

"What?" he said through the blood in his mouth. "What did you say?"

"I said I love you," Ellie repeated as her breathing began to steady with the end of her release approaching. "I love you, Lash. I've loved you since we were children."

Since they were children?? That revelation didn't make any of this okay, but what???

"Why didn't you say anything?" he asked as Ellie gradually stopped rocking her hips and settled them against him before slowly and carefully licking and sucking the fingers of his hand that was beneath her.

"What could I say?" she said in return, twisting slightly to look over her shoulder at him. "You are the only son of House Lash, the greatest in the clan. I am the lowborn daughter of a House vassal. Your father never would've permitted our joining even if I was available. He would've had you stay unfettered by a wife and a family, extending your line as he did, and his father before him: with the use of a highborn breeder."

She turned to look at his hand, kissing his palm in the same submissive way Meredith had on the plane.

"And my father wouldn't permit it after I tested positive," she quietly revealed. "I was too valuable as a breeder, removing a great burden from our family and resolving a number of financial crises with the stipend from the Conclave."