Assurances

Naryan gave him a bump as she and Lash stepped out after the three liliths, who were gathered together, talking excitedly amongst each other about the possibilities now open to them after being attached to House Lash. Even Sakura, with her original request thwarted, seemed overjoyed by her new status as an adjunct, a renewed light in her eyes and a bounce in her step that she had been lacking.

"A bit of a risk, extending adjunct status to them like that," she said, looking up at him. "Especially with Ventru under siege. But the opposite would've been even more deadly for them, with Romanescu and his slaver friends out there, along with the rogue Councillor willingly assassinating liliths. What made you think of it?"

"Sakura," he supplied, looking back at her for a moment before looking up at the three liliths. "She took us into a privacy-mode activated room to request I take her fully into my House, cutting all ties with her own House and Clan Nakagi."

"Shadrak's Ghost!" Naryan breathed. "She would've been signing her own death warrant with that. The inquisition would've seen to it!" She looked back up at him. "Now I see the reasoning behind your offer. But ashes and daggers, Lash! She put you into a corner on that one!"

Lash smiled wryly.

"Aye, she did, indeed. But desperation fosters acts of madness. And truthfully, she needs the protection. As does Fiadh, and Meredith. They've become targets as great, if not greater, than Ventru has. For doing nothing more than existing."

Naryan slowly shook her head as she considered that, and everything that had transpired in the last few hours. It seemed almost more than she could wrap her brain around. Then she looked up at a thoughtful Lash. At least she had him to share the burden with.

"I'm with you, of course," she said. "Both as Ventru, and as your friend. Lead, and I'll follow." She looked over to where Jeriko was working over the first of the stricken liliths, a look of concentration on her finely boned face.

"Now, it'll be interesting to see just how many of these liliths will also accept your offer! Instead of turning to the Conclave for protection."

Lash couldn't help the sigh that escaped him.

"Hopefully not all of them," he wryly admitted. "I've run out of room for tolerating lilith hijinks!"

Naryan smiled sadly at that, looking over at him. He was strangely not bitter about how often the liliths had put upon him in the last few days. Especially what the Nordstrom lilith Anka had done. She was starting to suspect it had something to do with his visit with Mordecai.

Then she was catching sight of Dru moving in on them.

"I think this is my cue to go and see how Jeriko is doing," she said.

"Eh?" Then Lash caught sight of the determined Nosferatu lilith on approach. "Ah. Yes, I'll catch up to you in a bit."

Then Dru was stepping in front of him, forcing the big vampire to come to a halt. She immediately put hands on her hips.

"Three of my sisters are floating around here as if they were just promised instant admittance to the Dark Father's Garden of the Night!" she said accusingly. "Right after a quick conference in a frosted walled room with you! What has transpired, Lash? What have you promised them?"

Lash smiled, hearing the plaintive note in Dru's voice. A proud and fiery woman, she knew she was strong enough to handle any obstacle or challenge that came her way. But she also had admitted the burgeoning relationship she and Lash had was dominating her thoughts and emotions. If her competitors for his affections had somehow gained the upper hand against her, she needed to know. If only to increase her own efforts to win her share of time spent with the big and powerful vampire.