Goose Town

Goose Town. Like the Salt Palace, and many other enclaves, it was built underground to avoid the notice of normal humans and the bright light of the sun. But that was where the similarities ended. Constructed and curated by the oldest Dark Edge race, Goose Town was originally commissioned with vampires in mind. As such, it had a certain level of comfort and sophistication built directly into its construction.

More like a modern underground mall than a warren of tunnels, Lash quickly noticed how it was laid out much like the Night Market, with a high ceiling, great supporting posts, straight roads and avenues, and actual buildings lining the streets. And those buildings were in logical clusters: hotels were set together and apart from the louder, entertainment-oriented establishments like bars, pubs, dance clubs, and music halls. There were also everyday kinds of places one would see in a regular town like grocery stores, liquor stores, dentists, hair stylists, and even a pet store.

In all, it was a clean and organized place in stark contrast with the chaotic Salt Palace, a place that looked like it would actually be pleasant to visit. That is, if they weren't there to pick up an arch traitor from a barely trustworthy spy agency!

Reaching the bottom of the broad stairs that descended nearly two hundred meters into the hard earth, Lash did a quick sweep with his eyes to locate the numerous patrols that the Nestricht had to enforce their peace. Like the guards upstairs, they were heavily armed and in kevlar vests beneath their black long coats, their hard eyes doing their best to see everything at once. Then he stepped to a column that had an interactive panel showing Goose Town's layout.

After locating the 'you are here' icon, he quickly memorized the town map in relation to the GPS coordinates Tanis had sent. As he did, the rest of their small company formed a loose semi-circle at his back, their eyes as active as the guards' as they too searched every nook and cranny, every shadow and corner for enemies.

As expected, the majority of the town's current guest list were vampires. Nosferatu rubbed elbows with Toreador, Vorinov walked beside Nikolaou, and Nestricht talked in low voices with Gangrel. It was a veritable who's who of European vampire clans and Great Houses. The only ones that were absent were Ventru.

That is, until now.

"There," Lash said, tapping an establishment much further into the enclave, close to a water feature created by tapping into the lake above ground. A swipe across the print icon and they got a plastic sheet with the map burned into it fed out from a slot in the bottom of the panel, the establishment, a dance club called the Silver Swan, marked with a stylized swan symbol.

He turned away from the panel to look down the streets stretching out from their position. A moment to orient, then he was pointing with a knife hand down a broad avenue.

"That way!"

As they walked as quickly as they dared to avoid rousing the guards' suspicions, Naryan found herself looking around in comparative wonder at the unfolding sights. Beyond the well-maintained neo-Baroque buildings on either side, she also was astounded at how much space was dedicated to parks and water features. One park, filled with lush, night-blooming flowers and foliage, even had a string quartet in a gazebo playing classical music in the middle of a grassy quad.

"For those highborn that like to feel sophisticated," Absinthe said with a wink when she noticed Naryan staring at the musicians.

After they passed the park, Naryan looked at Lash, her expression thoughtful. As highborn as a vampire could get, the only thing the big vampire liked to feel was the death rattle in his enemy's throat as he strangled them with his bare hands. At least, that's what Lash wanted everybody to believe.