Making a Change or Two

"Hunter, we need to make some changes to facilitate our efforts moving forward," he said sternly. "First, Acting Director Sebastian is now Director Sebastian, effective immediately." He paused to look over at a wide eyed Tanis.

"Unless you think the job's too big for you, Nosferatu."

Tanis wiped the surprise off his face to snort.

"Not even remotely," he said with a confident nod. "As long as you let me collaborate with Master Vulcrum when the need arises."

Lash nodded.

"And with the shadow masters belonging to other great Houses as well," he said. "Not to mention, better communication between the three Viseith branches so we don't run into intelligence siloing ever again."

Tanis smiled.

"I think we can arrange something fairly quick. Especially since we need to rebuild the Obsidian Collective from scratch!"

"Right." Then Lash was turning his attention back to his comms. "Now, Hunter, I need you to contact Lord Monksblood, House Lash's interior minister and advise him to use all necessary resources to get the center of excellence training facility for the M'tada which he and I previously discussed, up and running immediately. Additionally, work on the Qos Viran advanced weapons and tactics academy for the Silver Legion must also commence at once."

He then looked over at an intensely curious Narya.

"After that communication, you will then contact Lord Commander Atrix at NachtFeuer and advise her that to bolster numbers severely depleted in the conflict with the usurper Demaskieros and his allies, the enhanced human faction code named 'White Flames', the Qos Viran is permanently seconding all Silver Legion assets currently attached to the unit."

As an astonished Narya gasped in delight, he winked at her then went on.

"And do a recruitment scan of all European Houses, starting with House Ionescu and House Trotsky, as well as the Silver Legion, to see if we can further identify nestari and legionnaires that we can call up and get them started on their Qos Viran training as soon as is physically possible."

"With the Qos Viran moving to a wartime footing, it is traditional to advise the great Houses of the founding Clans of our nation of the decision, to give them the opportunity to move accordingly," Tanis pointed out.

"Director Sebastian is correct," Hunter confirmed. "Do you wish to open communications with Bucharest and St. Petersburg, Lord Commander?"

Lash frowned as he thought about that.

"Not yet," he said after a moment's worth of consideration. "I want to wait until after the trial. Speaking of which, have Giovanni and Narveaz moved to the Warsaw site as soon as possible so they can be tried at the same time as their master."

"Acknowledged, Lord Commander. The Toreador High Lords will be in the air in less than fifteen minutes from my mark. Mark."

"Acknowledged." Lash looked at a frowning, but thoughtful Tanis. "I don't want to start a general mobilization quite yet, but that doesn't mean we can't assemble a war council."

"War council?" Tanis's brow lifted. "Europe hasn't seen one of those for nearly five hundred years!"

"Maybe, but we need one," Lash replied. "We don't have the time required to properly reconstitute a peacetime council to handle the bureaucracy of running a unified vampire nation. But I can't make all the decisions myself. I need a group of High Lords and Ladies making those decisions and taking care of the administrative work with an understanding that it is in support of our war effort."