Ψ ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜʟsɪᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴏʀᴅᴇʀ Ψ

⇒There are certain environmental factors which lead to OCD. Some of them are relationship issues, abuse, changes in living condition or changes in school or at workplace.

⇒OCD is treatable and people who suffer from it can live a normal life.

⇒Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and medication are two ways of treating OCD.

⇒Antidepressants are the most common medication for OCD. Antianxiety medications (benzodiazepines) may be less effective for OCD, so they are not usually the first option to try.

⇒It is not uncommon for a person with OCD to also have clinical depression, panic attacks, or both.

⇒No laboratory test exists that can identify OCD. Mental health professionals frequently use diagnostic interviews to determine the presence of OCD as well as other tools that measure the severity of obsessions and compulsions, the most common of which is the Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (Y-BOCS).

⇒OCD will makes your thoughts more towards to depression, Anxiety and sorrowness. It will make your personality more complex than normal human being.

⇒Common obsessions includes fears of contamination by germs, dirt or chemicals, flooding the house, causing a fire, or being burgled.

⇒Indecisiveness - a tendency to take time to make decisions during OCD personality traits.

⇒Researchers have found that people with OCD often score very highly for particular personality traits. These include: Neuroticism, Impulsivity, Responsibility, Indecisiveness and Perfectionism.

⇒OCD is sometimes accompanied by depression, eating disorders, substance abuse, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or other anxiety disorders.

⇒Medication for OCD should be tried 10-12 weeks before judging effectiveness.

⇒The person suffering from OCD will behave as if he is compelled to do things in an order and that too repeatedly. It is not that they do it willingly but they do face a lot of anxiety and stress if they don't follow the order in which they usually do things.

⇒Obsessive-compulsive disorder can be very challenging and hard to explain to other people. You may feel embarrassed, ashamed, or guilty about your experiences.

⇒Children as young as 4 can be affected. Although rare, OCD can also begin in late adulthood. Typically, most people are diagnosed at age 19.

⇒OCD symptoms are divided between obsessions: recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses, and compulsions: repetitive behaviours or mental acts that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession.

⇒OCD is highly treatable, either with medication or a type of therapy known as ERP, or Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy.

⇒Impulsive - a tendency to engage in activities that bring instant gratification during OCD personality traits.

⇒Daniel Radcliffe, Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Megan Fox and Justin Timberlake are all celebrities who have lived with OCD.

⇒OCD may affect men and women equally.

⇒OLD is one type of OCD. Obsessive love disorder" (OLD) refers to a condition where you become obsessed with one person you think you may be in love with. You might feel the need to protect your loved one obsessively or even become controlling of them as if they were a possession.

⇒OCD can start at any age. In one third of adult patients the symptoms begin in childhood, adolescence or young adulthood.

⇒OLD is a one type of OCD. Obsessive love disorder" (OLD) refers to a condition where you become obsessed with one person you think you may be in love with. You might feel the need to protect your loved one obsessively, or even become controlling of them as if they were a possession.