Ψ ʟᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ Ψ

Laughter helps you stay mentally healthy.

⇒Your Brain Can Detect Fake Laughter. Your brain automatically goes to work deciphering why someone is deliberately laughing.

⇒Tickling and laughter is a form of bonding and communication between a parent and a child.

⇒A typical 10-minute conversation has an average of 5.8 bouts of laughter.

⇒Studies show that while individuals usually rank “appearance” as very high on their list when looking for a mate, we tend to find individuals who laugh more attractive.

⇒Piggy-backing on doing your body good, for every fifteen minutes of solid full-body laughing you do, you can burn up to 40 calories! Dieting? Get laughing!

⇒When a group of people laugh, each member of the group will instinctively look at the person they feel closest to.

⇒Laughter usually doesn't interrupt a sentence structure of speech. We really only laugh during the pauses we make for coughing or breathing.

⇒A smiling person attracts others.

⇒The maximum laughter happens over social responses which mean that only 10-15 percent of it is actually due to jokes.

⇒⇒Believe it or not, there really is a science to laughing. In fact, the science of laughing and it’s effects on the body is referred to as Gelotology.

⇒A child of the age of six years laughs about three times more than an adult.

⇒Laughter is actually rarely tied to humour.

⇒Smiling is a form of exercise! It takes 26 muscles to smile – so work out your face!

⇒Smiling makes you look prettier. Studies have proven that 70% of people find smiling faces to be better-looking than faces with makeup. So keep Smiling always:)

⇒Ten to 15 minutes of daily laughing burns 10 to 40 calories.

⇒Laughing is not necessarily because of a joke.

⇒The average person laughs around 13 times a day. Oddly enough, very few of those times are due to a joke or an intentional action. More often, we laugh at chance happenings or things that were never intended to be funny in the first place.

⇒Laughter functions to create social bonds.

⇒Humans are not the only being that laugh. Although less obvious to detect, many animals also experience something similar to laughter. Start watching out for your furry friends – turns out, they might actually be laughing at you after all.

⇒Fifteen minutes of laughing a day can make you lose weight.

⇒Your brain can tell the difference between deliberate and helpless laughter.

⇒Laughter tends to occur in short bursts of vowel-like sounds such as "ha-ha," "ho-ho," or "he-he," which are repeated every fifth of a second.

⇒Laughter Enhances Immunity, Improves Sleep, and More happiness.

⇒A heavy laughter brings in much more oxygen to the lungs than normal breathing would do.

⇒Laughter really is the best medicine.

⇒Laughter is good for your cardiovascular system.

⇒Laughing more gives a healthy body.

⇒Gelotology is the study of laughing and its effects on human body.