Realisation hits hard

I woke up early that morning. Crack of dawn. Despite the chaotic and sorrowful night, dawn was beutiful. A bit chilly, but beautiful. I put on my jacket that I had used as my pillow and went for a walk. I suppose I just needed to take in everything tht happened. Rex was still asleep so I went alone. Probably not the best idea but what is the worst that could happen?

I walked a little into the tranquill woods. I heard two voices. Miss Thron and Ash. They spoke in hushed voices. 

"-sure she does not know? The attack last night was.. intense. I think we should tell her.." I heard Ash say urgently.

"No, we have to wait. The more she knows the more powerfull her powers... They will stop at nothing for even a whiff of her blood.." Miss Thorn replied.

"Fine. But I am telling you, Nora will not like the fact that this was a secrect from her." Ash huffed.

"And Miss. Scott... she dissappereared" Miss Thorn whispered but loud enough for me to hear

"As expected, I suppose that is how they found Nora in the first place. I say we takeher to Arcane ASAP.." Ash replied. 

What were they talking about..? Tell who what? And yesterday night was an earthquake, what attack were they talking about? And something about powers? And a whiff of blood? And why had Ash used my name and what secrect...? I had so many questions. All that about Miss. Scott's dissappearance being expected? And what was Aracane?

I stepped out from behind the tree I was hidding behind.

"What are you two talking about? I asked

They both turned in my direction. A look of horror on both their faces. 

Miss Thorn sighed. Like she was preparing herself for something painful. Ash just stred. Probably wondering how much I had heared. Miss Thorn motioned me over. 

"There is a lot to tell" She said in that mystical way of hers like she knew something I did not (which was probably true). 

She sat down on a chopped log (dont cut trees people, even though it gives people a place to sit) and Ash stood next to her. I sat on the grass. I was not going till I had answers. And I could tell this would take a while. 

"It started when you were born..." Miss Thorn began