Temporary goodbyes

We continued back to Snow in silence. I was gald Ash had saved us, but very honestly, I was also a bit shaken. He had killed someone. Sure, the dude he killed was trying to get my head, and he saved me, but he had still killed. 

Ash was also in a slight state of shock. He kept glancing down at his sword, now with a dull shade of blue, with a look of disbelief and amazment. We finally reached the clearing after what seemed like hours. Ash ran to check Snow, and made sure she was okay for another day of flight. 

I turned to Nari and Nico and hugged them. I wasn't much of a hugger, but I owed it to them. 

'Thankyou so much' I said, feeling quite stupid. They had risked their lives to save mine, and all I said back was thankyou, but before I could fishing giving them my gratitude, Nari said 'It is okay, infact, we have paid our debt to the royal family.' 

I stared at her questioningly. What debt? Noticing my confusion, Nari explained that a few years ago, the Sky Elves had caused havoc on land, trying to claim power of the Elder Tree, the tallest tree in the Northern forest, since they beleived it belong to them, since the tree was so tall, it entered the Sky regions. During the argument, apperently the King of the Sky Elves had declared war upon the Earth Elves if the tree was not given to them. They had taken hostage of many Earth elves and tried to bargain with the Earth elves. One of the hostages being Nico and Nari's father. The Queen herself, my mother, had come to help the Earth Elves, and since then, the Earth Elves had been forever thankfull towards the Queen. 

So that was what my mother was like. I nodded, not knowing what to say, and thanked them again. Ash and I saddled up and as we flew off, I waved at the two Earth elf siblings until they were dots on the Earth below.