At last

As Snow landed, I noticed that in the now almost moonlit night, the waters of Arcadia shined a strange turquoise colour and the sand was a grey-black colour. It was breath taking. Some of the stones (I don't know what they are called) were kind of transparent, but still like a rock. It reminded me of California's famous Glass Beach, where Miss Thorn had taken pretty much everyone from from our age group from Berry Orphanage for our 7th year of stay at the orphanage. I had been 14 that time. It was almost two years ago. So much had changed since then. Before a wave of memories could come crashing down on me liek the waves on Arcadia's beach, I jumped off Snow's back and grabbed my bag.

Ash did the same, patted Snow, and motioned for me to bid her goodbye. I rubbed her nose and she snorted in satisfaction. With one final pat on the head, Snow took of in the night flying off to one of the smaller islands.

'Shes headed to the island of Drakos, its where the dragons stay annd where we have the dragon school and infirmary. I work there sometimes' He said with a smile. 

I laughed 'Everyone meet the boy who faces dragons, slays evil elves, used big boy weapons, but can't face my dog' 

Ash's face flushed. Its a long story. 'Its a long walk to the city isn't it?' I asked

He sighed and looked at me, like judging wether it was worth it. 'Fine' he agreed. 'I guess you should know a little about my past if you are going to spend time with me' 

As we walked across the beach to the dark woods ahead, he began telling me his story.

'I used to be fine with dogs, acutally, I used to love them. We had a pet dog at home.' He pasued and winced, like remembering a bad memory. 'It happened 5 years ago...'