The 2nd death

We were heavily out numbered. I looked at Nari, Nico and Ash. They stood in defence, backs together. We won't be able to fight them... I said softly. Looking nervously at their swinging axes and ready swords.

"We'll have to run" Ash replied

Nari and Nico nodded. As much as I hated running away from problems, this time I did not have a choice. 

"On three" I whispered "One.... Two-"

A knife was thrown, slicing my ear. Oh great. I winced in pain

Ash pulled me as he turned and ran, Nari and Nico close behind. We ran as quick as we could, the elves chasing us. Nari looked over her shoulder. Her glowing green hand commanded vines to block off most of the elves, but the leader and a few of his followers were still in persuit. 

Ash threw a knife, which missed an elf completly. I was about to sarcasticly congratulate him when the knife hit the back of the now grinning elf. I silently thanked fate for having Ash on my side. But there were still 4 elves in persuit. 

"The leader" Nico panted "We have to get the leader"

"I only have my sword left, it won't do us any good" Ash said, rather clamly

Nari, again, with her glowing hands tried to black them with the vines, but the leader was to quick. At least his goons were stuck. 

I was about to tell them to hide, when Ash stopped, turned around and ran towards the leader. 

This idiot.

Nico tried to run after Ash but Nari pulled him back. 

A loud clank as the two swords clashed. Th leader's face full of self condifence and pride, while Ash's had a tight expression of focus. 

The two fought brutally, but gracefully, each manouver sliding into the next. 

Finally, Ash disarmed the leader and pierced the elf's neck with his own sword. A deep blue blood. 

After a moment's hesitation, Ash chopped off the leader's head. He wipped his sword in the grass and muttered a thanks to the 3 of us for helping him.