Epilogue: Let's Go Home

Nyx

"Miss Fireborn. It's a pleasure to see you again. I am sorry about the circumstances-"

"Can we just get this sorted, please? I have a house to clear and move out of." I say as I sit down, Aunt Krystal with me, and sitting beside me.

"Of course. I have a list of assets he left you, including but not limited to vehicles, the house and what your father called a large-ish treasure chest. Mrs Charring, I have clear instructions to give you, this." He hands her a huge box with two shoebox size boxes inside. She opens the lid of one and I see there are a bunch of letters inside.

He then gets up and goes over to a cupboard and pulls out a beautifully carved chest with jewels and white gold embedded into it. It piques my interest as my dad knew I loved shiny treasures, and I wonder what was inside. As he brings it over to me Aunt Krystal says baffled.

"Are you sure these are for me? They're addressed to Nyx, and a few have Kai on as well. I don't even know a Kai." She says to him. Why would dad leave letters for me, to her?

"Yes. He explained that his wife wrote those before they knew what they were having. If she was a boy, she would have been Kai. And it says here that he wanted you to have them until the time was right for her to have them. He said you would know what that meant?" She gulps and nods. Weird. But whatever. I open the lid up off my chest and find loads of stuff.

There are jewels and jewellery, photos of my mum and dad together and when they were pregnant with me, including my scan pictures and there's even a space for a mass of letters, one is in there, so I pick it up and it's dad's handwriting. I hold back a sob and put it back. I can't read it yet.

"Is that everything?" I ask, holding the chest tightly. I surprisingly feel, sad but calm.

"Other than the paperwork you need to sign, putting everything in your name, yes." He puts the papers in front of me and tells me where to sign on each, then he splits them giving me the originals, and keeping the copies for himself.

I turn to Aunt Krystal who was waiting for me and see tears streaming down her face, her hand covering her mouth as she finishes reading a letter, but I don't want to know right now, I'll ask her about it another time.

"Aunt Krys. Are you ready?" I ask. Picking up the paperwork and chest, with keys and his mobile. The police gave his personal effects to Mr Watling to give to me. It also included his necklace with my mum's wedding ring on, as well as his, which I put on with mum's and put around my neck.

"Yes, sweetie. Let's go home " She sniffles.

End Of Part One

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I hope you've enjoyed the beginning of this story, and hope you loved Asher as much as I did. Please leave comments and vote, I really appreciate it, and love hearing your thoughts and theories or just kind words from you all. Now on to part two....