Part 8

"I should probably get going," I  told everyone. 

"Are you sure?" Colby asked. "You can always just stay in my room." 

"But then where will you sleep?" I asked him. 

"I can just crash on the couch," He told me. "It's late and it would just be easier if you stayed here." 

"And you're sure it wouldn't be a bother?" I asked. 

"Yes," He responded. 

"Okay," I said. "I'll stay then." 

 We spent a few more minutes, maybe hours, talking and goofing off. We told stories from out childhoods and about our families, but it was getting even later into the night and everyone was starting to get really tired. 

"I think I'm gonna head upstairs," I told Colby. 

"Okay," He said. "Do you want to borrow some clothes that are more comfy?" 

"Yes, please," I replied. 

"Alright," He said. 

With that, we headed upstairs and into his bedroom. 

"Are you sure you're okay with me staying?" I asked him, still unsure about the decision. 

"M," He started. "I'm serious. I have a couch in my room so you can have the bed. It's really no big deal. Don't worry about it."  He reassured. 

"Okay," I replied softly. 

"Here," He said as he handed me a shirt and a pair of sweatpants. "They might be a little big, but they'll be comfier than what you have on." 

"Thank you," I said. "Where's the bathroom?" 

"To the right of my door," He said. 

"Thanks," I said again. 

"No problem," He replied. 

I went to the bathroom and changed into the sweatpants and shirt. He was right, they were kind of big, but I was able to roll up the sweatpants so they would fit me better. I just left the shirt loose since I didn't feel like tying it up. It smelt like Colby, and I kind of liked it. 

"Thanks," I told Colby for the third time as I entered his room. 

"You're welcome, again," He said with a smile. 

"Do you have a phone charger?" I asked. 

"Yeah," He replied. "There should be one by my bed already plugged in. I can borrow one of Sam's. I think he has like twenty of them so he shouldn't mind." 

"Alright," I said. 

I plugged my phone in and sent a text to Amy, letting her know that I was staying with Colby. 

12:30   

Hey Amy! I'm staying the night at Colby's house, so don't worry if you can't get in touch with me tomorrow, or you try to see me in my apartment.

After that, I opened my Instagram and went through my feed for a few minutes before I got tired. 

"Goodnight, Colbs," I said. 

"Goodnight, M," He replied. 

He had changed after I did and laid down on the couch. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep.  I took in the smell of his bedding, also filled with his scent, and fell asleep almost instantly afterwards. 

I woke up the next morning a little confused. It took me a few minutes to remember where I was, but once I did, I felt safe and happy. Colby felt like a sort of shelter I have always needed, but have never really had. It felt like he could protect me from anything and everything that could ever happen, but never ever have to hurt me. 

I heard the door to the bedroom start to open, and I looked to see who it was. 

"Malory," I heard Colby whisper. "Oh, you're awake. Good morning."

"Good morning," I replied. "What time is it?" 

"It is almost ten," He told me, looking at his phone. "Why?" 

"Just wondering," I said as I pulled the comforter over my shoulders and snuggled into them more. 

"How'd you sleep?" He asked. 

"I slept the best I have in a while," I said. "I can imagine you didn't sleep as well as I did." 

"Probably not," He said. "But that's okay. As long as you slept okay, I'm fine with any sleeping arrangement." 

"Would you mind taking me home in a few minutes?" I asked. "Nothings wrong, I just need a change of clothes." 

"Yeah," He said. "That's fine. I figured you would want to go back at some point today anyway." 

I checked my phone and got out of bed. I made my way downstairs only to find every room empty. 

"Where is everyone else?" I asked. 

"They all had somewhere to be," Colby responded. 

"Oh, okay," I replied. 

I made sure I had my laptop and backpack before I got into Colby's car to head back to my apartment.

"Do you need me to walk you in?" Colby asked as he pulled up to the apartment complex. 

"Do I need you to, no," I said. "Do I want you to, yes." 

We both got out of the car laughing and made our way to the elevator. When we stepped in, we were met with a person in all black wearing a ski mask. My breath got caught in my throat and I grabbed onto Colby's hand. 

Colby leaned down to my ear and whispered, "It's alright, I'll protect you if they try anything."  

Colby pressed the button for my floor and we stood in the farthest corner from the person. The elevator felt like it was taking forever, but we eventually made it to my floor. We quickly got off the elevator and walked to my apartment. 

"That was weird," I said as I unlocked my door. 

"Yeah," Colby said. "It was." 

I opened my door only to find a piece of paper with my name on it lying on the floor in front of me.     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

Hey guys!! Sorry for the slow updates, and how late it is for some people when I am posting this part. I promise I'm working on it and trying to find a good time to post. Please bare with me!