Part 13

⚠️ T.W. (This is going to be for the nightmare Malory has. The text will be bold and italicized. Again, I will try to summarize it at the end)  

"You're a bitch!" I heard Mike's voice yell. "Do you know that?!?" 

I just kept quiet and sat in the corner. Bleeding and crying in pain. 

"Answer me you slut!" He yelled again. 

"Yes," I responded quietly. 

"Yes what?" He asked.

He dragged a knife down my cheek, drawing blood and making me cry even more. 

"I-I know I-I'm a b-bitch," I replied, still quiet.

"Good," He said. "Cause you act like one too!" 

He started making marks on my arms and legs, making my cry and scream and thrash around. 

"Do I need to tie you down?" He asked, still cutting me, but deeper. 

"No!" I screamed. "Please! Stop!" 

"Shut up!" He screamed back at me, spitting in my face. 

He got up and started walking away as he said, "Stay here."  

I was in too much pain to move, so I just stayed where I was. There was no point in fighting it anymore. It was useless. When he came back, he had rope in his hand and more knives and hammers and shit. 

"Now we can have some fun!" He said. 

I woke up screaming and sweating and crying. I hugged my pillow against my chest and gave myself a second to attempt to calm down. When I calmed down, I grabbed my phone and called Colby like I promised I would if something happened. 

"Hello," I heard his voice say. 

"Colby," I whimpered out. 

"Princess, what happened?" He asked, using my nickname again. 

"I had a nightmare," I said. "And I know it sounds baby-ish, but-" 

"It's not baby-ish," He said. "What happened to you was traumatic and it's okay to get scared." 

"I'm sorry," I said, a few more tears rolling down my face. 

"No need to apologize, princess," He told me softly. "Do you want me to come over?" 

"It's too late," I started. 

"I don't care," He interrupted. "In fact, I'm getting in my car now." 

"Colby," I started. "You don't have to." 

"Too late," He said. "I've already left the house and I'm not going to turn around." 

"I guess I'll see you in a bit then?" I questioned. 

"Yep," He replied. "See you in a bit." 

I just sat in my bed, trying to calm myself down so I wasn't a total mess when Colby got here. I waited about ten minutes when I heard a knock on my door. I quickly scurried out of my bed and went to my apartment door. I looked in the little peephole and saw that it was Colby. I let out a shaky breath and opened the door. 

"Hey," I said. 

"Hey," He replied as he entered into my home. "You doin okay?" 

"Not really," I said. "I'm just a little shaken up, but the dream felt so real."

"What do you mean 'it felt real'?" He asked me. 

"I don't really know how to explain it," I told him. "The dream was just a type of flashback I guess, but I didn't really feel the pain. I just felt like I was in the moment." 

"That makes sense," Colby said. "I thought you meant you felt the pain." 

"No," I said, giggling slightly. "Thank god I didn't." 

"Come on, princess," Colby said. "Dry those tears." 

He slowly wiped whatever tears remained on my face away with his hand. 

"What do you wanna do?" He asked me, still keeping his hand on my cheek. 

"I don't really care," I told him. "Whatever you feel like doing is fine with me." 

"Why don't we find a movie and just hang out," He suggested. 

"That sounds fine," I said as I grabbed the TV remote. 

We decided we were going to watch IT, and after a while, I started to get a little more sleepy. I snuggled into Colby, and he wrapped his arm around me. It was nice that he cared so much for me and was willing to drive to my house at three thirty in the morning. 

I've never really had anyone to care for me like this before. Sure, my mom and dad when I was younger, but once I grew up, I was kind of on my own. Again, another story for another time.  Then, after Mike, Amy was the one that really cared, and Will was in for the ride. But Colby, he seems to be willing to do just about anything to make sure I'm safe and happy, and I've only known him for a few days. 

We were about half way through the movie when darkness overtook my vision, and I fell asleep, cuddling with Colby on my couch. 

Colby's POV 

The movie was about three fourths of the way over, and I noticed that M had stopped moving around as much and her grip on me had loosened a little. I looked down at her and noticed that her eyes were closed. 

She must be asleep, I thought. She looks so cute

The truth is that I have developed a small crush on Malory over the short time we have known each other. I've only told Sam about it, and the feeling has done nothing but grown. She's been through so much, stuff no one like her should have to go through. I am willing to do anything to keep her safe and make her feel loved, happy, and cared for. 

I moved out from under her slowly, trying not to wake her up, and I picked her up bridal style. I carried her back to her room, and laid her back in her bed, covering her with her comforter. I turned away to leave the room when I felt a small grip on my wrist. 

"Stay," I hear her mumble in her sleep. "Please."    

I gave her a small smile, even tho she couldn't see me, and took off my shirt.

Thank god I was still in my sweatpants, I thought. 

I climbed into her bed and got under the covers with her, cuddling her as she snuggled into my chest. I am so thankful for that night on the Queen Mary. Even if it was one of the scariest of my life, I was still thankful for it because it led me to Malory. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The dream was basically just a flashback from one of the things Mike did to Malory.