Part 28

Colby and I spent some of the day just lounging around in his room. I started to get ready about 4:30 in Devyn and Corey's room with Devyn so she could do my makeup. I was done at about 6.   

I wore a grey skirt with a black long sleeved top. I paired the outfit with black combat boots and some silver jewelry. I curled my hair and Devyn did some light makeup when I heard a knock at the front door. 

"I'll get it," Devyn said as she left the room. 

I waited a few minutes before I got a text from Devyn telling me that it was just Amy. I went downstairs to see what Amy wanted. 

"Hey, M!" Amy said when she say me and gave me a hug. 

"Hey, Amy!" I exclaimed as I hugged her back. 

"Sorry to show up unannounced," She said as we pulled away. 

"It's okay," I told her. "I'm just glad to see you!" 

"Yeah," Amy said. "Colby invited me to hang out with y'all tonight, but he told me not to tell you what we are doing." 

"Ugh!" I groaned. "Nobody will tell me!" 

"That's because it's a surprise!" Amy said. 

Everyone finished getting ready and we gathered in the living room. 

"So," I started. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, M," Aaron said. 

"But I want to know!" I exclaimed. 

"You'll know soon," Colby said as he sat down next to me on the couch. 

"Is everyone ready to leave?" Kat asked. 

"Yes," Everyone responded.    

"Alright, Let's go!" Sam exclaimed. 

Sam, Kat, Colby, and I were in Colby's car and Corey, Devyn, Jake, and Aaron were in Jake's car. The car ride went by super slow. I asked where we were going at least once every five minutes. They still wouldn't tell me though. 

"Alright," Sam said. "We are finally here." 

"Yay!" I exclaimed,  causing everyone else to laugh. 

When I got out of the car, I looked at the sign on the building and immediately got excited. We were at Dave & Busters. We all went in and got our cards to play with the arcade games. 

"We thought it would be a good mix of fun and drinks," Corey told me. 

"Well, I love it," I said. 

"Good," Colby responded. "Oh! I forgot to tell you, we have a few other friends coming too. Don't worry, they are super nice and are excited to meet you." 

"Okay," I responded. "Let's go play some games." 

Colby and I went off and played games together. We had been playing for about 20 minutes when Colby got a text from his other friends saying that they were there. 

"You wanna come find them with me or do you want to go find the others?"  Colby asked. 

"I'll go with you," I told him. 

"Alright," Colby responded. 

We made our way towards the front of the arcade area to find Colby's friends. Colby saw his friends and waved them over. I recognized Brennen, but none of the others. 

"Hey Colby," One of they guys said. He was tall and had a bunch of tattoos. Way more than Colby had. 

"You must be Malory," He said, turning to me. 

"In the flesh," I replied. "But please, call me M." 

"Nice to meet you, M," He said. "I'm Mike." 

"Nice to meet you Mike," I responded. 

"I'm Kevin," Another guy told me. He was a little taller than Mike and looked a little bit more muscular. "But people call me Sugar K." 

"Nobody calls him that," Colby said. "If anything, we call him dad because he's the dad of the group." 

"Worth a shot," Kevin said in defense. 

"Nice to meet you Kevin," I said giggling a little. 

"Excuse me dumbasses," I heard a girl's voice say from behind the boys. 

The boys moved to the sides, and I saw a shorter girl. 

"Hi, I'm Tara," She said. "I'm guessing your Malory." 

"Yep," I said. "But everyone calls me M." 

"Nice to meet you, M," She said. "Colby's told me and the girls so much about you. You're even prettier than Colby said." 

"Aww, thank you," I responded and looked over at Colby who was blushing a little bit. 

"I hope we can be good friends," Tara said, bringing my attention back. "Have you seen my boyfriend, Jake, by chance?" 

"The last time I saw him he was playing skeet-ball with Sam, but that was about ten minutes ago," I told her. 

"Alright, I'll find him," She said as she started to walk off to find Jake. "Nice to meet you!" 

"Hey, M," Brennen said as he gave me a hug. 

"Hey, Brennen," I responded as I hugged him back.

"Ariya, are you gonna introduce yourself or are you gonna stand there and stare into space?" Kevin asked the only boy I didn't know. 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. I'm Ariya." He said as he stuck his hand out. 

"Nice to meet you Ariya." I responded as I shook his hand.      

"And I'm Reggie, I'm Jake's brother," The last guy in the group said. 

"Nice to meet you Reggie,"  I said. 

"Did y'all already get some cards to play?" Colby asked. 

"Yep," Kevin said. 

"Alright," Colby said. "Well, everyone is kinda spread around the arcade and bar, so have fun." 

"Sounds good, brother," Brennen said as we all parted ways. 

Colby and I went to play a few more arcade games, and we eventually found Tara and Jake by the bar. 

"Hey, brother!" Jake said as we approached them. 

"Hey guys," We replied. 

"Having fun, M?" Tara asked as she sipped her drink. 

"Of course," I responded.