Part 22

"What the fuck?" I asked nobody in particular. 

"Maybe it's a really adamant scam?" Jake suggested again. 

"Or they know its a real number because of voicemail?" Aaron suggested as well.

I took a deep breath before I answered and put the call on speaker mode. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Hi pumpkin," The person on the other line said with a deep voice that gave me goosebumps.

My breath caught in my throat. How the hell did he find my number? Why would he call me? What if her tracks the number to the house? A million thoughts went through my mind. I looked at Colby and he had a look of shock and anger on his face. I looked at everyone else and worded "Mike" to them. 

"What do you want?" I asked after a long silence. 

"I just wanted to call and check on you," He said. "I checked your apartment but you weren't there. I don't like that you're running from me." 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I exclaimed. "How did you get in?" 

"I have my ways," He said. "Even took a few things for myself. Hope you don't mind." 

"I do mind, Asshole," I said. 

"Then why are you nervous to talk to me?" He asked. 

"I'm not," I lied. 

"I don't like when you lie," He said, yelling. 

"Then leave me the fuck alone," I said, yelling back.

"Then stop running from me," He yelled. 

"Then stop tormenting her!" Colby said into the phone, jumping into the conversation. 

Kat slowly walked over and sat on the other side of me, giving me a side hug. A few tears slipped down my cheeks and I'm so tired of him bothering me and ruining anything fun we try to do. 

"Ah!" Mike exclaimed. "Boy toy's there! How are you?" 

"At the moment ready to punch someone," Colby responded. 

"Who, Mal?" He asked. "I know she can be a real pain in the ass." 

"Not her!" Colby exclaimed. "You, you fucker!" 

"Now that's not a very nice name," Mike told Colby. 

"I don't care," Colby responded. "Just leave M alone." 

"No," Mike simple responded. 

"And why not?" Sam asked, now jumping in as well. 

"Oh, Mal," Mike started. "There's more of the boy toys? I always knew you were a little whore." 

"What the fuck?!?"I exclaimed. "No I'm not! They're my friends." 

"Oh so you don't like Colby?" Mike asked. 

I just stayed silent. 

"So the truth comes out," Mike said, chuckling slightly.

"I-I didn't s-say I did," I responded, stuttering slightly. 

My cheeks started to turn a light shade of pink. 

"But you didn't deny it either," Mike told me. "Just watch your back Mal. You never know who's watching. Nice movie choice by the way. You always were a horror fan." 

My heart beat started getting faster. Corey, Aaron, and Jake got up to check the back yard and the house while Sam, Colby, Kat, and Devan stayed with me. 

"Where are you?" I asked. 

"That's for me to know," He said. 

"God, you're such a creep," Kat said. 

"Who was that, Mal?" Mike asked. 

"A friend," I responded. 

"You have a lot of friends you know," Mike said. 

"I should get a restraining order," I whispered to Colby as he nodded his head in response. 

"Well, just wanted to check in with my girl," Mike told me. 

"I'm not your girl," I responded. 

"Not right now," He said. "But you will. I'll talk to you later. Oh! And this couch in the room with post it notes is comfy." 

I quickly hung up and bolted for the stairs. Everyone following behind me. I quickly went to Colby's room and opened the door. It was a bit more messy than it was before. There were draws open and his closer was open. Clothes laid on the floor while his draws were emptied. 

"What the fuck," I whispered quietly, tears slowly coming out of my eyes. 

I felt like everything was going wrong. I've put my new friends in danger and there was nothing I could do about it. What am I supposed to do? Just go back to my apartment and hope Mike leaves everyone alone, or just stay here and pray for the best? 

After a few seconds of nothing but silence, and me trying not to make the tears in my eyes obvious, Colby wrapped his arms around me and gave me a tight hug. 

"I'm sorry," I whispered. 

"Its not your fault," he reassured. 

"Yes it is," I whispered back. 

"No it's not," he said back as he pulled away to look at me. 

"Listen, M," Colby started. "Even though none of us have known you for that long, we already see you as part of our little family. You didn't do this and you didn't know he was going to do this. Nobody is blaming you."

"Colby's right, M," Kate said as her and Devan walked over to me, Colby taking a step back to give me some space. "You didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"And believe it or not, we already love you a lot," Devan continued "You're stuck with us." 

"Why don't we clean this up and watch some tv?" Colby suggested.

"Okay," I replied. 

About an hour had passed and we had gotten everything cleaned up. We sat in front of the tv in the living room watching family guy. I was so lucky to have all these new people in my life. I have no clue where I would be without them. Definitely not in a place I'd want to be.