Part 10

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that," Colby said as he hugged me even tighter. "Especially after just moving to LA." 

"I guess it was just a terrible welcoming gift," I responded, trying to lighten the mood slightly. 

I guess it worked because Colby let out a small chuckle. 

"M," Colby started. "I want you to know that I will do everything in my power to make sure that you won't go through something like that again. I promise." 

"Thank you Colby," I said. "Just please don't tell anyone about this until I'm ready to tell them." 

"I swear on my mother's life I won't," He told me. "And that's a big promise because I'm a momma's boy." 

I let out a little giggle and snuggled into him a little bit. 

"Do you wanna watch some TV or something?" I asked him. 

"Sure," He said. "You know, we posted the video from the Queen Mary." 

"You did?" I asked. "Can we watch it?" 

"We can watch whatever you want," He told me.

I grabbed the remote off the table and turned on the video. Colby and I stayed cuddled up on the couch while watching the video the whole time. It felt good to finally tell someone about it, I just wish I didn't have to wait so long. We are about half way through the video, and we heard a big bang from inside the apartment. Colby and I both jumped and stood up. 

"What the fuck was that?" I asked Colby. 

"I don't know," He exclaimed. "It couldn't have been us." 

"No shit Sherlock!" I exclaimed. "We should look around and make sure there is nobody else in here."  

"Okay," He said. "Do you want to stick together?" 

"We don't have to," I told him. "The apartment is small enough that we can just scream for each other." 

I headed to my bedroom while Colby looked around the main living area. I slowly opened the door to my room while walking inside. The first thing I saw when I walked in, was my desk and desk chair knocked over. 

"Uh, Colby!" I called through my apartment. 

"What?" He asked worriedly. "What is it?" 

Colby quickly came to my room and saw the mess. 

"It wasn't like this when I left," I said nervously. 

"Do you think your neighbor could've bumped the wall too hard?" Colby asked. 

"The neighbor on that side is Amy," I said. 

"Was she..." Colby started. 

"Her bedroom is on the other side," I interrupted. "This is the end of a hallway in her apartment."

"That's weird," Colby said. 

"No shit it's weird!" I exclaimed. "I should probably put it all back." 

"Do you need help?" Colby asked.

"Do you mind?" I asked him. "You probably have somewhere else to be." 

"I don't actually," He said. "And no, I don't mind." 

Colby helped me put my desk back to what it used to be, and we made our way back to the living room. It was about lunch time, and we were both getting hungry, so we decided to Postmates some Taco Bell to my apartment. We finished the video and we talked about random things until my door bell rang. 

I opened the door and was met with a Postmates worker. They handed me mine and Colby's food and I brought it inside. 

"Here you go," I said as I handed Colby his food. 

"Thank you," He said. "Did they give us any hot sauce?" 

"I don't see any in the bag," I said as I looked. "But I might have some in one of my cabinets." 

I looked in one of my cabinets above the counter top, and I was correct. I did, in fact, have some extra hot sauce laying around. 

"Here you go," I said as I handed it to him. 

"Thanks," He responded. "I'm gonna guess you get Taco Bell a lot." 

"Yes, I do," I said. "It's cheap and easier than making food. At least to me it is." 

We ate our food in silence mostly. Occasionally commenting on how good the food was or just random conversation. We were cleaning up our small mess when the door bell rang. I tensed up a little bit because I wasn't really expecting anyone, and I had no clue who it could be. At least earlier I was expecting a Postmates worker. 

"I'll get it," Colby said. 

I think he saw how tensed up I got because he gave me a reassuring smile as he made his way to the door. I just focused my attention on cleaning. 

"Oh, hey Will," I heard Colby say, causing me to look up at my door. 

"Is Malory here?" Will asked, ignoring Colby's greeting. 

"What do you want Asshole?" I asked him, coming into view. 

Colby moved to the side so that Will could see me. 

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to go to the club later," He told me. "But I didn't realize you had your hands full." 

He glared at Colby. I just wish I understood why Will doesn't like him. 

"Can Colby come?" I asked. 

"I guess," He said a little unhappy. "But no one else." 

"And what if we invited the rest of the group and they show up even though you told us no one else?" Colby asked. 

"N-nothing," Will stuttered a little. 

"Then it looks like the whole group is going," I announced. "Colby, will you please go text everyone." 

"Sure," Colby said. "You need anything else?" 

"No," I responded. "I'm just gonna talk to Will for a second." 

"Okay," Colby said. "It was good to see you Will." 

Will ignored him, and Colby walked back into my apartment to text everyone that we were going to the club. 

"Why don't you like him?" I asked once Colby was out of earshot. 

"Because," He said. "YouTube isn't a real job, and nobody should be able to make money off of doing dumb shit like these guys." 

"You're probably just jealous," I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"No," He said. "I'm not. But I know you like Colby." 

"No," I said. "I don't." 

Even though I have denied it, it was far from the truth. I just couldn't let anyone know my feelings. I was scared of what could happen if I let love into my life again. 

"I'll see you later tonight, Will," I said as I closed my door. 

"See you later, M," He said as he started to walk away.