Part 24

Malory's POV 

We pulled up to the house, and Colby opened my door for me. I got out of the car and we walked inside, the note in Colby's hand. We quickly went upstairs to his room. 

"I'm sorry," I said. 

"It's not your fault, M, and you need to stop thinking it is," Colby said as we sat on his bed. 

"But I feel like it is. If I had never broken up with him this wouldn't be happening," I replied. "But I had to do what I'm good at and ruin everything for my future." 

"M," Colby said softly. "What are you talking about?" 

"Every time something good happens to me, I ruin it," I started. "In middle school I had a boyfriend that I lost feelings for and I broke up with him, finally happy again. But his friends ruined the rest of the year because they wouldn't leave me alone. Anytime I would be happy with my own personal life, I would ruin something with my parents and they would get mad at me and I would get all depressed and do things a teen shouldn't. Colby, I'm not meant to be happy. I can't be. Nothing ever works out that way." 

"I got a scholarship to a really good college," I continued. "But I didn't take it because I didn't want to go. My parents wouldn't speak to me after that. They hate my guts for giving up a perfect future. My brother's don't even want anything to do with me because I didn't want to go to college like them. They wouldn't help me with Mike at all. No one did. Will probably hates me and wants me dead because I'm hanging out with you and he doesn't like you for whatever reason."  

"M," Colby whispered. "But aren't you happy now?" 

"Yes," I responded. "But I'm scared I'm gonna ruin this too." 

"How could you ruin this?" Colby asked. "And don't use Mike as an excuse because we can take care of him and make sure he doesn't mess with us without going to jail again." 

"I can't tell you," I replied softly. "It'll ruin us." 

"What do you mean ruin us?" Colby asked as he wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled into him. 

I took a deep breath. Was I really about to admit that I liked him? Was I really gonna risk it? What if he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore? What if he doesn't feel the same way? 

"I like you," I blurted out without realizing it. 

Colby didn't say anything for a while. He just sat there and held me. 

"Do you really?" He asked me after a few minutes of silence. 

"Yes," I replied sheepishly. 

There was no reason to hide it anymore. The words had come out of my mouth already. 

"M, why would you think that would ruin us?" He asked me as he pulled away, looking into my eyes. 

"Because you probably don't feel the same way and I-" Before I could finish my sentence, I felt a pair of lips on mine. 

The kiss was soft and sweet. A type of kiss I haven't had in a while. Colby pulled away and help my cheek in his hand. 

"You wouldn't ruin us, M," He said. "Because I like you too. You're funny and beautiful and you have an adorable laugh. I would be an idiot not to like you honestly." 

My heart skipped a beat. He like me too? How? Why? There was no reason. I'm a mess. 

"But," I started. "I'm a mess and constantly have a stalker up my ass." 

"That's true," Colby said, understandingly. "But I'm willing to help you get rid of him and get a restraining order or put him back in jail where he belongs. He shouldn't be doing this to you just because he is still in love with you and upset about you breaking up with him." 

"You'd really help me get him off my case?" I asked. 

"Yes," He responded. 

"So what does that mean for us?" I asked. 

Colby seemed to have thought for a second before continuing. 

"M, will you -" Before Colby could finish, there was a knock on his door. 

"Who is it?" He yelled, slightly annoyed. 

"It's Sam," Sam replied. "Can I come in? We have a problem." 

"Yes," Colby responded. 

Sam came into the room and he looked panicked.

"Kat and Devan are in Corey's room together with him, Aaron and Jake, but we have a serious problem," He told us. 

"What is it?" I asked, praying it wasn't what I was thinking. 

"Mike's at the door," Sam said. 

Fuck, I thought.