Part 14

⚠️ T.W. : M has another flash back nightmare, so if it triggers anything, please skip it. The story will still make sense and the text is going to be bold and italicized.

Malory's POV 

I woke up and felt two strong arms around my waist. I slowly looked behind me and saw Colby laying there. He was spooning me, soft and gently. He had a tight grip on me, but I didn't mind. I felt protected, even a little loved. But that could just be my feelings getting in the way. 

I slowly turned around to face him, and I snuggled into his chest. His grip around me tighten as he moved around in his sleep. 

"Good morning," I heard him say softly in a low morning voice. 

"Good morning," I responded softly. 

"Are you okay?" He asked me as he slowly opened his eyes. 

"Yeah," I replied. "I am now." 

"Good," He responded.  "What do you wanna do today?" 

"I don't really know," I responded. "I just kinda wanna stay like this all day." 

"Well," Colby started. "We can do that." 

"Really?" I asked.

"Sure," He responded. "If that's what you want to do." 

"Yay," I exclaimed tiredly and snuggled into his chest more. 

Colby let our a low chuckle as I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.  

Colby's POV 

 Malory is beautiful. She is one of the most gorgeous people I think I have ever met. There is honestly no reason she should've gone through what she did with that Mike guy. It just isn't fair to someone as sweet as her. I looked down at her and softly kissed her on the forehead. 

"You'll never understand how much I love you," I said in the quietest whisper I could. 

I watched as she moved around slightly in her sleep, but stopped after a second or two. I tried to close my eyes and go back to sleep, but I just couldn't. I layed there with M, cuddling for about an hour before I finally went back to sleep. 

Malory's POV 

"Shut the fuck up!" I heard a voice yell. "You don't understand how much I love you!" 

"No," I said quietly. "I understand how much you don't love me." 

"What did you say bitch?" The voice asked. 

"I said I know how much you don't love me!" I yelled. 

The person came into view. Mike. Again.

"You mean how much I do love you!" He yelled back. 

He grabbed onto my hair and pulled me into the bedroom. He dragged me onto the bloody mattress in the corner  and he started hitting me with a bat. He continued for a while until my body gave up, and I passed out.

I woke up and sat up immediately. I was crying and I couldn't breathe. 

"M," I heard Colby say. "You're okay." 

He sat up and hugged me, while I kept my face on his chest. 

"I'm sorry," I whimpered out. 

"M," He started in a sweet voice. "You don't have to be sorry." 

I just continued to cry. I let it all out, even thought it might not have been the right time. 

"Was it another nightmare?" He asked. 

I just nodded my head. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He offered. "You don't have to if you don't want to." 

"It was just another flashback," I spoke as I pulled out of his chest. "About one of my last days with him. I was on the verge of death." 

"I'm so sorry, M," He said. 

"You don't have to be sorry," I said. "You couldn't do anything about it." 

"But I wish I could've," He told me. "I know I've said it once, but you shouldn't have gone through that. There is no way a sweet, beautiful, kind girl should've gone through that. If we had met before then, I would've done more than just put him in jail, but I would've made sure he never made it out or even to the club last night." 

"Thank you, Colby," I said. "Really." 

He didn't respond. Instead, he hugged me tighter. 

"I'm hungry," I said as he chuckled. 

"What do you want to eat?" He asked. 

"Umm," I said thinking. "Tender Greens?" 

"Yes!" Colby exclaimed. "I love that place!" 

"Can we Doordash it?" I asked. "I don't wanna change." 

"Whatever you want to do," He said as he let go of me to get up.  

It wasn't until then that I noticed he was shirtless. He looked really hot to say the least. He had nice abs that were definitely there, but not to in your face. 

"Take a picture," Colby said with a smirk. "It'll last longer." 

"Shut up," I said as I rolled my eyes, slightly blushing a little bit. 

I reached over for my phone, and saw that I had a few messages. I had one from Amy, her just checking in with me, but she clearly texted me drunk. One from Kat, just making sure I was okay, and one from Will, wanting to know why I dipped with Colby last night. 

I responded to Kat, saying I was fine, and telling the same thing to Amy. I just left Will's message be. I don't care what he thought about me anymore. It's hard to say that Will and I are even friends at this point. 

I got out of bed and made my way into my living room area, only to be met with Colby sitting on my couch on his phone. 

"I have ordered the food," He told me. "And I was wondering if you had any Ibuprofen or Tylenol. I had one too many White Claws last night." 

"Let me go look in the Kitchen," I told Colby. 

I went to my kitchen, and found the small amount of medicine I actually had. I found the Tylenol and grabbed the bottle, making my way back to the living room. 

"Here you go," I said as I handed the bottle to Colby. 

"Thanks," He responded. 

"No problem," I said. "Do you need some water?" 

"I'll find it," He told me as he stood up.