Part 33

Colby and I ate our food in his room while watching a movie on his laptop. We were talking about what we wanted to do tomorrow when there was a knock on the door. 

"Come in," Colby yelled. 

"Hey," Kat said as she and Devyn walked in. 

"How are you feeling?" Devyn asked. 

"Better," I answered. "Definitely felt way worse a few days ago, but I'm getting better." 

"That's good," Kat said as she sat on the small couch in Colby's room. "They found Mike." 

"Really?" I asked, surprised. 

"Yeah," Devyn said. "They put it on the news the day you woke up. They said that he was found in an old house by a gas station and they guessed he'd been there for a while." 

"The cops came to the house too," Kat added. "They said they wanted an interview with us three once you felt better and that they wanted us to see the house, but we said we would see if you were up to it." 

"Why would they want us to see his house?" I asked. 

"They said something about pictures from camera's and belongings that looked like they would belong to a female were found at his house," Devyn answered. "The problem was that there was no female there when they found him, and he admitted he didn't have a wife or girlfriend."  

"Wonderful," I said sarcastically. "Why can't they take the items from the house?" 

"They said they wanted you to look at it before they did anything with it," Devyn said. "I don't know why though." 

"Let's see how you feel the next few days before we give them a answer," Colby said. 

"Alright," I answered. "That's probably the smart thing to do anyway." 

"Okay well," Kat started as she stood up. "We just wanted to check up on you." 

Her and Devyn both left the room. 

"I think I know what house their talking about," I told Colby.

"Really?" Colby asked, a little shocked. 

"Yeah," I responded. "If I remember correctly, the house he trapped me in was by an old gas station too." 

"Then I don't think you should go," Colby said. "What if the memories come back?" 

"I have to face it at some point, Colby." I told him. "If I don't go there, we'll probably have to go to court or the police station and give our side of the story. Either way, I'm gonna have to face my past." 

"Okay," Colby said. "Whatever you wanna do, I'm gonna support you and help you through it." 

Me and Colby finished the movie we were watching and got ready for bed. It took me a while and a lot of Colby's help, but I managed to change into pajamas, brush my teeth, and wash my face. Colby helped me to his bed and laid me down first. Then, he got into the bed too. 

"I love you, M," he said, kissing my forehead. 

"I love you too, Colbs," I responded. 

Slowly, I drifted off to sleep. 

Colby's POV

I woke up in the morning and went downstairs. 

"Hey," I heard Sam say. 

I looked in the living room and saw, Sam, Kat, Jake, and Corey all sitting there. 

"Good morning," I said as I walked over to them and sat down on the couch. 

"How's she doing?" Jake asked. 

"She's doing a lot better now," I told him. "I think she's just happy to be back home." 

"That's good," Jake responded. 

"Kat told me that they explained the whole cop situation," Sam said.

"Yeah," I said. "I think M knows where the house is." 

"Well, they gave us the actual address," Corey told me. "We looked it up on google earth and it looks like a hellhole." 

"Let me see," I said. 

Corey opened his phone and pulled up the house. He handed me his phone, and I was disgusted. The windows were boarded up and the house had dirt and plants all over it.I didn't need to see the inside to know that if it was the place M was taken to, that it was even worse than the outside. I just handed the phone back to Corey. 

"I think there is a part of her that wants to go, and another that doesn't," I told everyone. 

"Well," Sam said. "We could all go as a group. We won't record it, and we will go without the cops first. She can see what she finds and if they are her things, then we can get the cops involved." 

"I think that sounds like a good plan," Kat said honestly. "That way we're all there for her and with her, and she doesn't have to deal with the police and their invading questions the first time she sees everything." 

I heard footsteps coming from the stairs and looked over to see M. 

"Hey," I said. "You got down the stairs." 

"Yeah," She said, smiling. 

"I'm proud of you," I said, smiling back. 

"What were y'all talking about?" M asked. 

"We were actually talking about the house they found Mike in," Corey answered. 

"Do you have an address?" She asked. 

"Yep," Corey asked. 

"Can I see the house?" 

"Yeah," Corey said, getting his phone. 

I watched her closely, wanting to see her reaction. As she took Corey's phone, I noticed her eyes widen slightly, her jaw tightened and she gave Corey back his phone. It was the house she was taken to when she was kidnapped.