Part 16

Colby's POV 

I called Sam while M was packing a few bags for her stay at the traphouse. 

"Hey," I heard Sam say as he answered my call. 

"Hey," I responded. "Listen, I need a favor." 

"What is it?" Sam asked. 

"Malory is going through some things right now, and she needs a place to stay," I started. "Is it okay if she stays with us for a while? Just until we get all this shit figured out." 

"Yeah," Sam said. "That's totally fine. Is she okay?" 

"She's fine," I told him. "It's kind of hard to explain. I'll just have to let her explain it when she is ready." 

"Okay," Sam said understandingly. "Yeah, that sounds fine. Everyone loves her, and I think it'll be good for all of us. It'll give us someone new to talk to." 

"Okay," I said. "Thank you so much, Sam." 

"Don't worry about it, brother," Sam responded. "I'll talk to you later." 

"Alright," I told Sam. "Bye."

With that, I ended the call, and went to help Malory. 

Malory's POV 

"How's everything going in here, princess?" Colby asked me.

I had packed most of my belongings away. I packed all of my favorite outfits, and outfits for different types of occasions. I packed almost all my toiletries except the ones I knew I never used anyways. I packed a few extra things too. Some jewelry, shoes, and personal items as well. Some how, I had gotten everything to fit into three suitcases, two duffel bags, and one backpack.    

"As good as it can, I guess," I replied. "Thank you, again." 

"I've already told you," I started. "It's not a problem. Everyone loves you, and I just got off the phone with Sam. He said it was totally fine. Don't worry about it." 

"Alright then," I said as I zipped up the last bag. 

"Are you ready to go?" Colby asked. 

"Yeah," I replied. "A little sad honestly, but I know I'll be safer with you than on my own." 

"Do you wanna go ahead and get going?" Colby suggested. 

"Sure," I said. "But beware, they're heavy." 

Colby let out a small laugh as he went to get the first suitcase. 

"Damn," He said as he tried to move it. "I can already tell that it's heavy." 

"I warned you," I said with a smile. 

I helped Colby bring everything down to his Corolla, and I made one last look around to make sure I didn't forget anything. Once I was sure I had everything, Colby and I made out way to Amy's apartment to let her know our plan. 

"Hey," Amy said as she welcomed us into her apartment. "Will's here, but he just went to the bathroom." 

 "Oh," I said. "That's fine. I just wanted to let you know that I will be spending the next week or so with Colby. The whole Mike thing has gotten a little crazy, so I thought it would be better if I left for a little bit. Maybe even think about moving." 

"Hey girl," Amy started. "Whatever is best for you, and what works for you. As long as you feel safe and comfortable, that's all that matters." 

"Thanks, Amy," I told her. 

"Just make sure to keep me updated," She told me. "Seriously. I don't want to worry about you being dead everyday." 

"I will," I said as we heard a door open. 

"Hey, Amy!" I heard Will's voice call. 

"What?" She called back, turning to see into her apartment. 

"Do you wanna-" He started, but then made eye contact with me, then Colby. "Oh." 

"Nice to see you too," I responded. 

"Do you wanna come in?" Amy offered. "Just a few minutes before you go?" 

"A few minutes won't hurt," I responded, look at Colby, then walking in. 

"You're moving?" Will asked. 

"Not necessarily," I told him. "Mike has been bothering me lately, and I thought leaving my apartment for a week or so would be for the best." 

"And you're staying with who?" Will asked. 

"Colby," I told him. 

"Why?" He asked, shock in his voice. 

"Because he offered for me too, he has more space than you two at his place, and I feel safer in a house with like eight people instead of just two," I responded. 

"It's because you like him, don't you," Will accused, ignoring what I had just told him. 

"What?" I asked, shocked. 

I mean, yeah, I have feelings for Colby, and I like him a lot, but that wasn't the only reason I was going to move in with him for a week. 

"You like him," Will started. "You think that he is going to have so much sympathy for you that he is just going to fall into your arms and want to help and comfort you. Then, he's going to ask you to be his girlfriend, and you're going to get hurt again, and you might not be so lucky this time!" 

"Why do you care so much?" I asked. "Plus, Colby is different. He wouldn't hurt me like Mike did, and he would protect me from just about anything."  

"Really?" Will said, starting to yell. "Because that is exactly what you said about Mike too!" 

"Can you stop comparing Colby to Mike?" I asked, starting to yell too. "They are completely different people! At least give him a chance!" 

"No, I won't stop comparing the two!" Will answered. 

"Then we're leaving," I told him. "Come on, Colby." 

I grabbed Colby's hand and we headed for the door. 

"Text me later Amy," I told Amy before I walked out the door. "Will, go to fucking hell." 

"After you, bitch!" He yelled back as I closed the door.