Part 34

⚠️ TW: This chapter involves mention of abuse, rape, and extreme gore. Please skip if this is a sensitive topic. They are just going to the house where Mike kept M.  

Malory's POV 

I've gone insane. It's official. I don't know why I decided I had to do this, but I'm starting to regret it now. We were here. The house I was abducted to. The house that has caused me so much pain and trauma that still haunts me to this day. The house that started it all. 

Everyone is here with me. Colby, Sam, Kat, Devyn, Corey, Jake, Tara, Aaron, and Brennan all came with me so I wouldn't face it alone. I couldn't thank them enough. I never thought that I would be doing this. 

I was sitting in the passenger seat of Colby's corolla with him driving and Sam and Kat in the back with Brennan. I just sat there, staring at the house, shaking slightly. 

"We don't have to do this," Colby reminded me, rubbing his hand on my thigh. 

"But I need to," I responded, finally looking at him. 

"We're here for you, M" Kat said. "And we're not gonna let anything happen to you." 

"And you are safe with us," Sam added. 

"Yeah, what they said," Brennan said, causing us to laugh. 

Slowly, I turned toward my door and opened it, stepping out of the car. Everyone else followed my lead. The people in Corey's car had already gotten out and were standing by it, waiting patiently. 

"You're sure you're ready to do this?" Colby asked, standing beside me and taking my hand in his, not caring about the group around us. 

"As ready as I'll ever be," I said, looking over at him with a small smile on my face. 

Colby and I started walking toward the house, leading the group. 

"Do you think the front door is going to be unlocked?" Sam asked. 

"You can try," I told him. "Worst case there is a secret entrance in the back. He used it a lot." 

Sam went to the front and we watched as he turned the handle. I silently prayed that it worked, but didn't. 

"Follow me," I said, going to the back of the house. 

When I got to the back of the house, I found the opening covered with a piece of wood with grass and dirt all over it. I squatted down and picked at it, trying to find a small space to pry it open. 

"M, be careful" I heard someone say, but ignored them. 

I found a small opening in the wood and pried it open, falling back a little. I swallowed before setting the aside and crawling into the house, not waiting for the others. It felt like I was crawling forever. 

I finally made it to the end of the small tunnel, standing up and looking around. I was in Mike's old room. I waited for everyone else to come through the tunnel. My back hurt a little since I was still supposed to stay in bed, but I didn't care.Colby made his way to me. 

"You good?" He asked me. 

I just nodded. "This was Mike's room." 

I took another look around. It was relatively clean. The bedding had a few new stains, his shelves had a whole bunch of stuff piled on top of each other, and I noticed the posters had been changed. I walked over to his desk, looking through papers that sat on his desk. I saw pictures of Colby's house, my apartment, and my car. I saw little things of mine I had left in my apartment when I decided to stay with Colby.