Chapter 7: Control

This chapter is based off the song Control by Puddle of mudd I would suggest listening to it at the end of the chapter.

"Adam, I'm so sorry for being late. I got held up." I apologized.

Adam sat quietly in his wheelchair, staring out the window. He had a blank expression on his face but I knew he was upset with me. I could feel it. It was like a heavy weight sinking in my stomach. if only he could understand why I was so late. After fucking my brains out, Damon had forced me to take a bath before he allowed me to leave.

It sounded ridiculous but I wasn't going to risk my brother going back in a coma. He was all I had and I couldn't loose him. The only problem was that keeping my end of the deal meant putting Adam on the back burner even though he needed to be top priority. Since he was in a coma for so long he had to learn everything all over again. He didn't say anything but I could see it in his eyes; he felt hopeless. If only I could sell my soul to make him happy.

"Adam, please talk to me."

His eyes finally wondered off to me. "I may be staying in this hospital for a couple of months because I can't even fucking walk." he balled his hand into a fist, his knuckles showing a white color. The way he spoke, it was almost as if he was disgusted with himself. "I understand your probably busy but I need your support. I need to know that you won't forget about me because I'm a cripple."

"You'll get there, Adam. Your not going to be in a wheelchair forever. And what makes you think that I would ever forget you?" I tried to sit on one of the chairs but I was so sore that I had to stand back up.

"I have no dignity left. It didn't help that you sent your hot friend here by herself." Adam's lips curved into a small smile as he turned to look out the window again.

I raised an eyebrow at him and couldn't believe what was happening. Was my older brother blushing? Over my best friend? Something tugged in my stomach and I wasn't sure if it was anger or something else. Sarah and Adam? Oh no, it couldn't happen. Not because I had anything against them. It was because Adam never kept a girl after the first date.

"Adam, Don't even think about it." I pointed my finger at him in a stern way.

"What?" he asked innocently as his small smile turned into a full bloom smirk.

***

Something was different about my house. I never left any lights on, yet my whole house was lit up like a Christmas tree. My puppy was sitting on the porch, wagging his skinny tail and whining in excitement. The clouds were causing an overcast, making the sky look grey. So on top of my house being broken into the weather was being a bitch today. Of course there was always a chance of it being Damon. That would explain why Lucky was outside.

I stepped out of my Porsche and approached the house, cautiously. The front door creaked and Damon appeared behind it, an irritated look on his face. Lucky immediately tucked his tail behind his legs and hid behind me. Maybe he could sense just how vile the handsome demon really was. I couldn't but every time he came around, little hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

He wasn't human, and he definitely wasn't some angel; but he was gorgeous. Let's not forget about the fact that he fucked better than any porn star.

"About time you got home. Come here!"

He grabbed me by the shirt and practically dragged me in the house. The door slammed shut behind me and my stomach dropped in alert. What the hell was Damon up to? Why was he dragging me into the living room? my heart was beginning to race and I started to shake in fear. This was the prince of hell and his actions were unpredictable.