six

"I don't know if you're taking this seriously Mr

"I don't know if you're taking this seriously Mr. Delrosa. If you are not, you need to start" My lawyer sits in front of me, the smell of coffee coming from his mouth and into the air between us.

"I'm more than serious Willy, all I asked was how was your son? And how would you feel if the only way you got to see him grow up depends on your marital status?" My legs are up on the desk separating us as we sit in his office and discuss my agreement.

"I know it's unfair but you have to realize there were points brought across from your past, I tried to fight them as much as I could but you aren't exactly an angel" He explains to me and goes for another sip of coffee and I take the mug away from him.

"You don't need any more of this" I place the mug down and stand up, brushing off my shirt.

"With this case, I'm going to need all the coffee I can get. You told me you found someone to sign the marriage papers and I still haven't received them, the total members in your family haven't changed, I'm starting to believe you don't have anyone" William takes his mug back, drinking the last of the coffee inside.

"She just needs a little more time, I'm not exactly asking her the easiest favor" I sigh, thinking about the glasses-wearing beauty that I managed to meet twice in my life.

I haven't received anything back from her for three days now, "Before you confirm anything with her, I think it's wise to do a full background check on her. What's her full name?" William gets up to get himself another cup of coffee.

"You don't have to worry about her history, if you met her you wouldn't think she ever stole something a day in her life" I look outside his office window to find a busy road.

Grace didn't seem like the type to get herself wrapped up in her father's business. She seemed like she'd prefer to stay far away from all of it.

"If you say so, maybe she needs to do a background check on you before she agrees" His response makes me laugh.

"I'm not one to dwell in the past, and neither should you Willy" He doesn't expect me to be behind him and I place a hand on his shoulder, "Besides, she's not interested in who I am."

"The court would like to know if you're still attending therapy. If so, bring me all the dates you attended and how long you were there" He takes out another file and I don't respond.

"You have been attending your therapy sessions right?" He turns his head to me, his glasses sit at his nose and I only go over to his desk and lean against it.

"I take the pills, isn't that therapy enough?" I crossed my arms, I hadn't seen my therapist in so long, I almost forgot her name.

"You don't make my job any easier" He rubs his eyebrows and types away at his laptop.

"I'll go see her this week if it'll make you happy" I pat the side of his face and he shoves my hand away.

"When the woman you told me about brings you her signature, bring it to me immediately so we can move this along. I've been your lawyer for four years now, I deserve a six-year vacation from all of this" He sighs as if he needs a cigarette.