seven

"I'm guessing you like the room?" I turn around at the sound of Emilio's voice, standing in my doorway as I look out the large window with soft pink curtains blowing from the soft wind

"I do" I had finished packing about two hours ago and was just admiring the beauty of the room and the balcony that I was blessed to have added to the room already.

This morning as all my things were being brought by the moving trucks that Mariano had sent to help take my things here, I had taken my mother out to breakfast.

I let her know that I was moving out of my apartment and she was happy for me, I told her my new place was further out of town but that I would still come back and visit her.

On the ride here, I made sure to remind myself that I was doing this for two good reasons to calm the sudden anxiety I had felt when I concluded that I was now in a fake relationship and marriage until he faked an engagement.

It all disappeared when I entered the house, there was no sign of Mariano but Iris was being fed by Maritza and Emilio was studying on the kitchen counter and I was greeted by their smiles.

Romero had stopped by early to come and tell me that Mariano had already explained the situation we both agreed to and he was okay with the idea that I was moving in with his best friend and that we were "soon to be engaged."

It was clear that Mariano hadn't told him that he would be paying for this to avoid Romero asking what the money was for and I was thankful for that.

"Good, he hoped you did," Emilio says, pointing out the nice plant that I noticed in the corner of the room, on top of a bookshelf.

"He hoped?" I look at him and he nods his head.

"He wanted to make sure you felt comfortable, I think that's why this is the only room that doesn't have a black interior besides Iris's room" Emilio goes on to explain, standing up.

I didn't know how to react, it was kind of him to want to make me feel comfortable given that this was something that wasn't a normal situation.

I can't imagine Mariano telling me this himself, his remarks were always so flirtatious and dirty.

Sometimes I couldn't tell if it was just his way of messing with me and trying to get a reaction out of me or if he was serious and hinting at something.

"Maritza asked me to bring you downstairs to eat something," He says and I realize how incredibly hungry I had just become when he mentioned food.

He opened the door for me first and I exited, thanking him as I walked down the stairs to the dining room where Maritza was pouring a glass of water for me.

"Thank you, I didn't know I was hungry until now" I slightly laughed and she smiled, her smile was always so warm and kind.

"You're welcome and I'm glad you settled in nicely, Mr. Delrosa will be pleased to hear so" She places the plate in front of me and goes back to the kitchen to give me a fork.