guns

The next day was fairly normal everything was going well at work I was just checking up on some of my patients when a police man walks through the door. It's not unusual for police men to come to the hospital especially when someone's been shot for example and they want to find out who did it. But this time the copper walked in and said "Ivianna Smith?" God I hated when people called me by my full name and also what the fuck have I done this time "that's me" I nervously said "ah Miss Smith , come with me please I have some questions for you. I knew I should have got involved with the Shelby's, they always have trouble following them.

I followed the copper down to the police station and was escorted into a small office which at the desk sat an Irish man I would say in his 40s to 50s with a very thick accent.

"Ah so your Ivianna Smith?" Ivy,sir" "Right ok, well Ivy I just wanted to ask you if you knew of a gang called the Peaky Blinders?" I didn't know what to say do I lie or tell the truth. "I don't believe I do sir" shit why did I just lie. "Well that's odd because some people have reported seeing you around with Thomas Shelby and not to mention you drinking at there pub." fuck sake I've really dug myself a hole "yes sir I do know Thomas and I do like to go for a drink at the garrison because it's closest to where I work but I've never heard of the Peaky Blinders." wow I never knew I was such a good liar "what business do you have with Thomas?" He questioned "just friends sir" "reports also say they saw you go into a scrap yard owned by the Shelby's" he said. I'm not being funny having Thomas Shelby stalk me is enough why do I have people literally watching me in my own village? I carried on lying to the man with his mind numbing questions like "Are you in a romantic relationship with Mr Shelby? Do you get along well with his siblings? Have you ever seen them be violent?"

All boring questions that I made up a boring lies to. And after what felt like an age of being sat in the cramped office I was finally set free. And immediately turned to go find Thomas. I know I said I need to stay away but this was serious. I burst through the doors of the pub looking for him. The pub was pretty much empty so I just shouted "tommy?" "In here" I heard come from the private room so what did I do? I burst through the doors to the private room only to find that his whole family were all sat in there, shit. "Thomas can I speak to you please" I awkwardly said trying to make my voice feel relaxed. He followed me out of the private room to the bar and sat down and ordered me a drink because he could clearly see I was stressed. "what's the problem then?" he said "I'll tell you what the fucking problem is , I've just been dragged out of work down to the police station and have been sat there answering to a copper questions about you." I was trying not to shout but I was just so pissed of "what sort of questions?" "oh you know the usual,are you in a romantic relationship with Thomas Shelby?, have you ever seen him be violent?" I sarcastically said. "ok and this copper what did he look like?" "quite short, about 40 or 50s, mustace and a thick Irish accent" I said.

"did you say anything to him?" "How can I say anything when I don't know anything." "ok go home" i mean what a bastard I've just been questioned by the police and all he has to say is go home. I started making my way to the pub doors to leave when I thought fuck this, I turned around and marched back to him. "No" I said "no what?" He asked confused. "I'm not leaving till you tell me what the fuck is going on" "I can't" "guess I'm staying then" I said as I made my way into the private room. Fuck where did I get the confidence from to do that. "Ivy! Ello love" Arthur shouted as I walked in "hi Arthur"I said giggling as he clearly had to much to drink already.

I sat down next to him and began speaking to his aunt Polly about Finns arm which then went on to us gossiping about people around town, for some strange reason I get on so well with her. I also started drinking whisky with John and Arthur because I had time to kill as Tommy was no where to be seen. As it got dark everyone got up to leave apart from me "Ivy are you staying?" Polly asked "Yes I just need to speak to Tommy" "oh okay" she said smirking as she winked at me which just caused me to burst out laughing. She clearly thinks there's something going on with us which there is not and never will be. They all left and Tommy walked in to get his jacket, he had stayed out by the bar talking 'business' for most of the night. "Still here Miss Smith?" He said almost proudly.

"Ivy" I said "what?" "Call me Ivy" "well Ivy, still here?" "Well I said I'm not leaving till you tell me" "there's nothing to tell you" "theres clearly a reason I've got police questioning me so there is something to tell me" "if I tell you your involved and then you will be in trouble" "so there is something then" I said smirking "no there's not" "there is" "even if there was why would I tell you" "I'm not asking you to tell me all your secrets I'm asking you to tell me why the police are questioning me" "I don't know" "yes you do" "I don't" "you do" "how do I know I can trust you?" "Who am I going to tell?" "Your friend's" "there not my friend's" "seems like it" "I go out once a week and drink with them, I'm pretty sure they all chat shit about me behind my back, so I have know friend's or family therefor I have no one to tell."

He let out a deep breathe then sat down and poured us both a drink then leaned in and lowered his voice "last week i told some of my men from the BSA factory to steal some car parts, but they got fucking drunk" Christ this story was already getting juicy. He carried on "and they took the wrong fucking crate, in that crate we found a fuck ton of armed machine guns, ammunition to fill a whole fucking town" "holy shit" we're the only words that could come out of my mouth "that's why they've brought these new coppers in town to try find them,but we've got them" "who's we?" I asked. "The Peaky Blinders" "so it's true then" I said quietly. "But you can't tell anyone" he said seriously "I promise" Jesus Christ that was a shock. "ok come on then I'll walk you home" "but Tommy the coppers" "so it's not a crime to be walking with me" I mean I guess it wasn't but I still didn't like the fact that people were gossiping about me behind my back.
Honestly I don't know why he told me, he could have told me to fuck off and I would have just because I was putting on an act of not caring didn't mean I wouldn't have left straight away if he shouted at me. After all he was the leader of a gang but for some reason that same heartless leader of a gang had found a soft spot for me and I was loving it.