getting invloved

The next morning I woke up in I don't even know who's bed and the night before seemed like such a blur. But Polly came in and told me to clean up and put on some spare clothes as we had "a busy day" I know I was fucked of my face but I don't recall making plans for today but oh well I did as she said.

She gave me a long pencil skirt and a blouse I washed my hair and then chucked it on , then Ada there sister came in begging to do my makeup so I gave in and said yes. I hadn't spoke to her much but she was so talented she made my makeup look amazing and she's actually very different to her brothers. She's more down to earth and sweeter.

I went downstairs to all the Shelby's sitting around the table staring at me as I came down which was definitely intimidating. "you look gorgeous" "thanks John" I said with a smile. "So what's going on?" I asked while snatching Tommys cigarette out of his mouth and putting it in to mine. "your welcome" he said sarcastically. "So Ivy your here because we have a job for you" Polly started of by saying "no" I immediately said "no? we haven't even told you your job yet" Arthur joked "whatever it is I'm not getting involved" I said standing up to leave. Tommy grabbed my wrist and practically forced me back down. "Just listen to what they have to say yeah?" I did as I was told. And the job they wanted me to do was go to a pub in the fancier side of Birmingham with Ada and try to pull Billy Kimbers accountant and get information out of him. I mean I now see why Ada was so keen to do my makeup but i thought she didn't like getting involved in the Shelby's business. "You do know I'm a nurse not a spy" "exactly your not a Shelby either so Billy Kimber won't have a clue who you are" "and what about Ada, won't he know her?" "Nope, she doesn't have a war file" I mean fair enough sounded like a good plan but still me working for the Shelby's. "And what do I get out of it?" "that's a surprise" fuck sake what has Thomas got planned for me. I know I said I would never work for the Shelby's but it wasn't like I was doing anything illegal so I agreed.

Me and Ada got dropped off at the location and made our way in. We sat down at the bar when we got some drinks Ada got a water which I found unusual, I got a whisky. Then asked her "water?" I said laughing "I don't know you to well Ivy but my family seem to trust you especially Tommy and that's a miracle, so I guess I should just tell you, I'm pregnant" "what?" I said surprised "who's the dad?" "Fuck sake you probably don't like him but Freddie Throne" "in all honesty never even spoken to him" I said laughing "but as long as he treats you well I'm happy for you" I added in, she then went on about how well he treats her which made me happy to know that at least one of the Shelby's has a successful relationship. "Does Tommy know?" "Yes he found out" "how did he take it?" "Well I don't know if you know but Tommy and Freddie were always best friends until after the war where they went there separate ways Freddie even took a fucking bullet for him and Tommy still hates his guts, can you believe that?" "Certainly sounds like Tommy" I said laughing.

We talked more about the whole situation and then we came up with this whole life story that we're best friend's and we own a clothing business, wasn't the best but was good enough. Then soon enough we noticed Billy Kimber and his little accountant walk in like they own the place. That's because they probably do, They went and sat in the private room of the pub. Shit we had to figure out a way to get in there we somehow needed to get all the attention on us. So what was the only logical thing to do? Start a bar fight. I downed a couple of drinks then found someone who seemed would cause a lot of noise. We found this rich girl in a big fur jacket surrounded by some of her other rich friends so we walked over to them and started to stir the pot. "is this fake?" Ada asked grabbing the girls jacket "I beg your pardon" the rich bitch said soon enough it got into a heated argument all because of someone asking if her jacket was fake. Talk about keeping up appearances. What seemed like her husband came over to her asking if she was alright and she very nicely said "these two whores are being rude to me and my friends" what a bitch "do you have a problem?" He said to us "yeah I fucking do actually , your wife's a bitch" I replied "fuck off you whore" he spat at me. Perfect I then had the excuse to punch him round the face while Ada slapped the rich bitch.

Soon enough the whole 'rich gang' was on us. And if I do say so myself we were winning although Ada had a nose bleed and I had a black eye we were doing pretty well. Until I saw Billy Kimber step out "what the fuck is going on!" Everyone stopped and stared at him "all of you get the fuck out" well shit that didn't go as planned , but we couldn't back down now. I ripped open the blouse I had on and walked up to him "sir please don't let me out onto the streets like this, someone ripped open my blouse in that awful fight" I said trying to sound as sad as possible. It Worked like a charm, shock. He invited me and Ada in to the private room and said he will give us a lift home on his way back. We squeezed out as much information as possible but all we got was that the Lee family were causing him trouble on the tracks. It was time to go home so we all got in the car "are you ladies sure you don't want to stop at my house?" he said. Nearly making me throw up at the thought "no thank you sir we have work in the morning" "what do you work as?" "We run a clothing business" we made small talk along with his disgusting comments from time to time "and were am I dropping you" well we couldn't say the Shelby's house so we said mine. We said bye with a kiss to the cheek. Ew. We got out the car and went into my house, waited a few minuets and then left to go back to the Shelby's. "Well that worked out well" I said as we laughed at how well our silly plan turned out.

We burst through the door in excitement to tell them all how much of a prick Billy Kimber is , that's when I forgot my whole bra was out from ripping open my blouse. "Jesus Christ what happened to you?" Polly said in shock "fucking hell ivy" Tommy said looking me up and down. "It's a long story" I said laughing. "Come on let's get you cleaned up" Polly said taking me upstairs. I put on one of her spare shirts and she helped me clean my swelling black eye. "So Ada's told me you got in a bar fight" Tommy said walked in with a smirk on his face "like I said it's a long story" "never knew you could fight" "what do you mean?" "Ada said you were beating the shit out of people" he said laughing "fuck sake" I said laughing. "Anyway long story short the only thing we got out of him was that the Lees are bollocking him at the races" "Thankyou Ivy" "no problem Thomas" "Thomas?" He asked me raising his eyebrows "that's you name isn't it" I said smiling, he was so fun to piss off. "Goodnight Iviana" "fuck off" how the fuck did he know my full name. Well I guess he did have my records, but still I hated being called that. "That's your name isn't it?" He said mocking me "shut up" after talking with Polly for a while, I left before Tommy could offer to walk me home. Not that I didn't want him to, just because I really am spending to much time with the Shelby's.