Kill

It had been about a month since the wedding and the baby. John and Esme were happy and Ada and Freddie had decided to call the baby Karl like Karl Marks which when they told us Arthur clearly didn't like the name "Karl bloody marks!" He said laughing. Ada and Freddie had started planning there big move to London to get out of the polluted streets of small heath and start a fresh life in London where Freddie wouldn't be hated on my most of the town for his beliefs and were there son could grow up in a better environment that didn't involve razor blades.

It was a normal morning I had woken up got ready and gone to work "morning John" I said as I walked in "morning Ivy you alright" "yeah you?" "Yeahhh" "good,good" I said walking into the kitchen to get a cup of tea. "Ivy!" I could hear Tommy shouting from the office "what!" "Come here!" "one second!" The betting shop was busier than ever thanks to Mr Kimber and me off corse but they didn't know that. "What do you want Thomas?" I said walking in with a hot cup of tea "good morning to you to" "yeah morning, what did you want?" "In a rush are we" "yes actually I have a lot to do so go on spit it out" "sit down" "Tommy I have shit to do" "fucking sit down" I sat down and he offered me a cigarette when he did that I knew that a serious conversation was about to happen. "The police Ivy there looking around" "they don't know anything don't worry" "Well Charlie told me last night they searched all our storage" "what storage?" "Where we keep the cigarettes and achohol" "shit" "yeah there looking for the guns, it's become a top priority case" "they won't find them" "I know they won't but they could" "what's that suppose to mean?" "I had a meeting with inspector Campbell" "that pricks still here god" "and he wants Freddie Thorne" "what's this got to do with the guns?" "It's either Freddie or the guns" "fuck, well Tommy your not going to give in Freddie are you?" "Ivy" "Tommy fucking no that's your sisters husband the farther of her fucking child!" "It's either him or us" "us? Tommy there is no us I'm not involved in any of this" "if I go down so do you!" "Fuck sake Tommy i have shit to do we will have to talk later" "Ivy we don't have time there looking for the guns! If they get lucky and somehow find them not only will all of us go down but also Freddie" "there is no way we are giving in the farther of your nephew!" "What the fuck do you want me to do then!" "What you have to, talk to the inspector and make a deal, I have to go" I said slamming the door.

In the police station (inspector cambell pov)
"Right!" He said as he shouted at all the police men "I want everything from the past four months on Thomas Shelby, he has the guns no doubt about it, any one he's spoke to, anyone he's argued with, any criminal offence, Anything on him I want it! I want all the peaky blinders files on my desk in an hour!" He shouted clearly frustrated about this case. "There has to be something on him, that girl the old nurse Ivy, anything about her?" He asked an officer "I can look sir but as far as I know there's nothing, just her war records" "I want them now!"

Ivy's Pov
I spent the next couple of hours trying to get work down without thinking about the situation but I just couldn't. I slammed down my pen and walked into Tommys office "pub now let's talk" I said "ok come on" he said grabbing his cap and following me out the front door. We got to the garrison "whisky please Harry!" I shouted as I walked in "the usual?" "no just bring the bottle and two glasses please!" I said from the private room as he passed it through the hatch "thanks" I said pouring out drinks as Tommy watched me "one second" I said as I got out my pack of cigarettes and took one out offering him one which he took and then he got out his lighter to light them. "Right Thomas, basically we're fucked" I said as I snatched my whisky and downed it "i fucking no" "right here's what we're gonna do" I said taking a drag and then pouring my self another whisky and downing it straight away "your gonna get the coppers on our pay roll, and ask them anything they now about the guns so we can see how much they know." "Ok yeah" he said taking a drag "I downed another whisky then looked at him confused "what?" I asked "just you being the boss for once" he said with a small smile "shut up, do you have a plan?" "Kind off" "go on" I said pouring us both more drinks "there's two men I know who want to buy the guns, there coming here in a minute" "what, fuck why didn't you tell me there gonna be here in a minute" "you were to busy drinking" "right I'll leave then, tell me how it goes" I said getting up "the fuck are you going?" "You have a business meeting" "yes and your staying" "why?" "Because I want you to" "fine" I said sitting back down shocked that he didn't want to do something on his own for once. We talked for a bit until the two odd looking Irish men with thick accents arrived. "Mr Shelby" they both said greeting him as they came into the room, Tommy poured them drinks as they stared at us "who's this?" The brown haired man asked "my business parter Miss Smith" "pleasure miss smith" they said extending there hands for me to shake. They went on and on about IRA and guns and the black swan and all this bollocks as they downed whisky and got more and more drunk. "I will show you where they are" Tommy said "for cash" he added on. The Irish man laughed "you think we're jokers" he said staring at Tommy "am I laughing?" Tommy said dryly which caused me to hold in a grin. The meeting went on for what felt like hours. One of the Irish men ended up getting so drunk he ended up singing the IRA song "shut up" the other man said trying to get him to stop "ok time to go" the Irish man said eventually giving in to the fact he wasn't going to stop singing. We had arranged to meet up with them tonight here to show them where the guns are as soon as they left the door Tommy gave me a look that said what the fuck was that and I finally got to let out my laugh "what the fuck" I said still laughing "he was drunk as fuck" I then said "whisky's good proofing water, tells you who someone is" "and what did that little serenade tell you" "that there fucking liars Ivy" "how so?" I asked interested "they obviously can't afford them they drink in the black swan" "what's so bad about that" "the black swans for scutters who want cheap drinks, they got drunk off our whisky so fast because there not used to the stuff when it's not watered down" he said with a smile like he found the whole situation amusing "so what are we gonna do?" I asked "there going to try kill me" he said like it was normal which caused me to let out a dry laugh "and what are you going to do about that?" "Kill them first" "right ok" "and I need your help" "nope" I said not even considering it "Ivy" "no Thomas no" "all you have to do is shoot" "shoot and kill someone yeah, may be normal to you but not for me" "not like you haven't done it before" "what!" I said shocked "Arthur got drunk and told me" "knew I shouldn't have told him" "Im glad you did it" "why?" "Just am" "ok well I'm off" "Ivy you have to help me" "Tommy I can't do it" "yes you can" "Tommy" "Ivy" "tommyyy" "Ivy you have to" "fine I'll come but I'm not killing anyone" "fine."

A couple of hours later I turned up to the garrison to meet him. "Ivy your here" he said shocked I turned up. "yes it is me in the flesh ,surprise" "I have a plan" "here we fucking go" "we will sit with them and discuss and then they will try to kill me" this made me burst out laughing "what's fucking funny?" He said angrily "the fact that you say you could get killed so causally" "shut up and listen, when they try to kill me you will hold your gun up but won't shoot, when the clock reaches midnight the police will come in and they will take it from there" "your working with the police?" "Only for tonight" "I don't even know why I'm helping you" "but will you?" "Well I'm here now so yes"

They arrived at ten minuets to midnight me and Tommy had already set up the glasses and chairs ready. "no" they said when Tommy offered them whisky. That already fucked up the plan because we wanted to get them drunk "I don't want your whisky I want the guns" "fine" Tommy said as he threw a map on the table "but you will need a shovel" Tommy said leaning back into his chair "you thick fucking tinker! You really think we would let you live" they said as one of them pointed a gun at his face. I responded by pulling my gun out and aiming it right back at his face "put that fucking thing down" the man said taking his gun from Tommys head to mine "in your fucking dreams" I said pointing it closer to his head causing his partner he was set next to to also take out his gun and point it at me which made Tommy pull his out and point it at him.

We were stuck in a four way shoot out that was fast approaching. If any one was to shoot first the person who would shoot would die along with the person that was shot. We were stuck and didn't know what to do,I had to think of something fast "ok,ok just calm down, put down the guns" I said very slowly backing up my gun. But they didn't back down "just everyone put them down, if we're gonna do this let's do it properly" "fuck off" the man said still pointing his gun at me "oh sorry I forget you two weren't proper men and your just two Irish wankers that sit in the black swan all day" Tommy gave me a puzzling look wondering what I was doing. I was trying to rile them up and make them want to have a proper fight "not proper men" the man pointing a gun at Tommy said laughing "well you're clearly not" I said to him "fine let's do it how proper men do it" he said placing down his gun. In them two seconds where his gun was out of his grip I had picked up mine and shot. Bang! I shot him right in the centre of the chest and it had gone straight threw causing him to fall backwards of the chair and his full body weight smack of the garrison floor following by a gasp for air and blood spurted out of his chest.In the moments of me realising what I've done Tommy had got up and thrown down the other man's gun as they had started having a proper fight. I came back to reality to find them both of the floor strangling each other  "shit Tommy!" I said aiming my gun at them having a 50% chance of me shooting the man and a 50% chance of me missing and hitting Tommy. I couldn't risk it i frantically looked around for something until I saw a metal bucket that Harry emptied the left over drinks into every night "Tommy!" I said handing it to him as he started hitting the man in the face with it causing a horrible sound everytime he did it.

I looked away not wanting to look at a man's head get smashed in by a metal bucket. He was defiantly dead and half his face was also missing. Tommy got up and just stared at me in shock his face was splattered in droplets of blood and his eyes looked like he had just snorted a line off cocaine they were that wide. We both stood there staring at each other gasping for breath trying to process what happened. Our strange moment was interrupted by a loud bang on the door opening and the police coming in "you were meant to come on the fucking twelfth chime!" Tommy screamed at them. The policemen only looked down in horror at the bodies on the floor "well he looks like he's been killed by a fucking wild animal" "just get the bodies out of here" Tommy said clearly not wanting to look at them anymore "making the lady uncomfortable are they?" The police man asked. I just stayed quiet unable to speak. When Tommy noticed how distraught I was he grabbed my wrist and said "let's go" dragging me out the pub.