work

The next morning I woke up and dressed my best ready to confront a fucking liar.

Me and Polly then marched down the road as I filled her in on what Tommy told me "what a fucking bastard" she said. I had already made up my mind that I'm not working there anymore. I do love my job, at times. But the thought of my boss filling in a police officer that clearly wants me locked up isn't for me.

"Your a fucking lying bastard" I said storming up to her "calm down and be quiet we have patients resting" "don't act like you fucking care about them you only like the money you get for looking after them" Polly said butting in "I have no idea what your talking about" "oh so you layed me off to 'sort my self out' did you?" I said mimicking her voice. To which she didn't reply she just looked at me in a state of shock "so your telling me you didn't lay me off because a fucking police chief came in giving you a big fat check to do it?"

"I have no idea what your talking about" "you know exactly what I'm talking about, I have worked here since the end of the war when you had no staff. I came in here and helped the place fucking run on minimum fucking wage and you go off and throw that all away for a fucking check off a police officer" "Ivy I'm so sorry" "what hurts the fucking most is I thought we were friends I told you things about the war and you made me feel like my actions were justified! When turns out you've just been manipulating me this whole fucking time!" "What you mean when you fucking killed someone!" She shouted in my face causing Polly to freeze. "Don't you fucking dare shout at me" I said pushing her out of my face "I will call the fucking police right now!" She shouted again "go on call your fucking best friends maybe they will give you another check if  your lucky!"

2 hours later.
Me and Pol were locked up in a cell surrounded by four other women, Safe to say when I made that comment I didn't think she would actually call the police. Pol hadn't said a word to me the whole time. "Elizabeth Grey, Ivianna Smith come with us" the two guards said to us as they lead us away. I've never been so happy to smell the polluted air of Birmingham in my life, we were finally out of that hell hole and we're fined for abuse which was luckily paid off by the one the only Thomas Shelby.

He stood there with a cigarette hanging out the side of his mouth and honestly I felt like running up and hugging him after getting us out of there. "Thankyou Tommy" I said happily "abuse?" He said "well they over exaggerated quite a bit" "didn't think you had it in you" he remarked handing me his cigarette "she's got alot in her this one" Polly said giving me a stone cold expression. "Come on then I'll take you to the pub" we all walked down to the garrison in silence "whisky please" I said to Harry "on the house luv" "thankyou" Polly was in the private room talking to Arthur while me and Thomas were at the bar. "What did you mean the other night?" I asked him "what?" "When you said about the police using me to get to you" "nothing" he said finishing off his drink "another?" He asked me pretending that conversation never happened "sure" I responded trying to read his face "two whisky's harry" he shouted over the bar "yes Tommy" "I'm gonna go see pol" I said to him getting up and walking into the private room.

"Here she is!" Arthur said looking at me with a big smile on his face "do you mind if I speak to Polly please?" "No problem darling" he said getting up and leaving to go speak to Tommy. "What's wrong?" I asked her "you tell me Ivy" "well I don't know that's why I'm asking you" "your boss mentioned that you killed someone, did you?" I didn't know whether to lie or not "yes" "why?" "It's a long story" "I have time" fuck, really did not want to tell this story, but u had no other option. I told her the story from start to finish "so your telling me you can kill a man but you can't work with illegal money?" She said looking at me "well it's different" "what you did was worse" "I know" "but the bastard deserved it" she said smirking. "Well your obviously not working back at the hospital so what's your plan?" "Well I happen to know there's a job offering at an illegal betting shop" I joked "really isn't that a bit risky" she said joining in "yes but I've been thinking I might take it" a big smile appeared on her face "really?" "If you'll have me" "of corse!" She said kissing me on the cheek then dragging me out of the room to go see Tommy "boys Ivy said yes to the job!" "Took you long enough" Tommy stated while Arthur said "let's get some fucking drinks then!" Arthur was clearly exited to have me working with him as every five seconds it was him drunkly stating how happy he is "to have me in the gang" not to sure what gang he was referring to but I'll take the compliment . "not to much Ivy you have work in the morning" Tommy said to me before he left. Leaving me with a big smile on my face as I know I get to spend more time him, fuck I need to stop thinking about him.