no

Tommy offered to walk me back so I gladly excepted as it was pitch black outside "what were you and Arthur talking about?" He asked "just stupid stuff, why?" "Well you both went quiet when I walked in" "if you really need to know we were talking about the war" "what about it?" "Just stuff about the war" "like what" "just things we've seen, stuff like that" we walked the rest of the way back to my house in silence. "Thanks Tommy" "goodnight Ivy" he said and walked off. Well that was weird.

The next morning I had work, shoot me. I arrived early as usual  "gosh what's happened to you" one of my co workers said pointing at my eye "just a fall" "must of been one hell of a fall" "it was" "tell me what really happened" she said in a quieter voice and when I didn't reply she then asked "did someone hit you?" "No I fell" "I don't believe that" "well then start believing it because that's what happened" I said and walked off. Why we're people always so nosey.

I carried on with work, the usual:broken bones, check ups, burns and then guess what. The police came again, not unusual I know but they asked for a "Miss Ivianna Smith" oh fuck what have I done this time. This is the second time they have come in asking for me "yes" I replied "can you come down to the station please we need to ask you some questions" here we go again I thought "Ivy this is the second time carry on like this you'll be out of a job" my manager ranted at me.

I followed the copper down to the station and again got taken to the small Irish man's office. "Sir?" I asked as I walked in "ah Iviana I've been expecting you" he said with his thick accent "what exactly am I here for?" "Well Iviana we've heard rumour that you were in a bar fight earlier this week, and looking at you black eye there I can confirm those rumours are true" "actually sir the reason I have this black eye is because I had a fall earlier this week" here I am again lying to the police "looks abit sore for a fall" "it was a nasty fall and I am making a full recovery" "so your saying you did not go to the pub with Ada Shelby?" "I've never been out with Ada Shelby sir" "and if I ask her will she confirm this" "yes she will" "okay miss smith where we're you on Saturday night?" "At home relaxing" "and do you have evidence that you were there" "I could ask a neighbour" "ok that is all Miss smith" I have just completely lied to a police officer but I know that he thinks I work for the Shelby's which In all honestly i guess I kind of do now.But obviously wasn't going to tell him that.

After that I should have gone back to work but I had to warn Ada and make sure we both had our story straight. I knocked on the door to the Shelby's and fucking Tommy answered the last person I wanted to see. "Iviana" "Christ would people stop calling me that" I said as I barged past him "who are you looking for?" "Your sister" "why?" "Because yet again I've been questioned by the fucking police Thomas" "she's upstairs" "thanks" "Ada!" I shouted trying to find her "Ivy?" "Thank god your here, I've just been questioned by the police" "why what for?" "About our bar fight on Saturday, so we need to get our story straight" "okay what did you say?" "I said that Saturday night I was home and I have a neighbour that can vouch for me and that the reason I have a black eye was because I had a nasty fall and that I have never been out with you." "Ok so I'll say that I was home Saturday night and that me and you arnt even that close" "ok just making sure we had the same story I've got to go but I'll speak to you later" I said rushing out of her room to try make it back to work in time.

"Iviana!" Thomas shouted as I tried to run out of the front door "what Thomas" "what's this about the police" "it's nothing I've got to go" I said rushing out of the front door. As I practically sprinted back to work "thought you wouldn't be back like last time" my bitch of a boss said to me "well I am and I'm ready to work" "well there's not much to do so you can leave" "what?" "Well you've already caused enough drama having the police come in here and take you out twice so I think you should have a break" "no I'm fine" "Ivy I know what's going on with you, your involved with bad things so just take some time and get yourself together yeah?" "No I'm fine I need the money" "it will only be a week" "yeah a week of me starving because I can't afford food!" "I'm sorry but I have to do it, your lucky you not fired" "I didn't do anything wrong" "look I know your involved with that gang so just take sometime distance yourself and then come back when your ready" "but I am ready" "Ivy please" "you know what fine" I said grabbing my stuff.

I didn't know where to go, I wasn't used to having so much free time. I just made my way to the Shelby's I had to get this off my chest, I knocked for the second time today and Thomas answered for the second time, brilliant. "Hi" I said awkwardly "back so soon" he said offering me a cigarette which I accepted. "Well I was meant to be back at work but I've just gone in and boss said I need to take time to get my self together apparently" "well the police have dragged you out twice" he said laughing "don't side with her Thomas" I said scolding him "so now I'm going to starve for the next week" "you know poll will never let you do that she will invite you round for dinner every night" "well where is poll?" I asked "I don't know" "exactly" I said accepting the fact that I'm gonna starve. "Well if you need money there is always a spot in the betting shop for you" "no" "what?" "I've already told you I will never work for you Thomas" "well technically you'll be working for John" "no, I have money saved I'll be fine" "come on you know you want to" "nope" "better than your shitty nursing job" "I'll have you know I save life's Thomas, not place illegal bets" "well you'll be getting more money by doing so" "no" "suit yourself" he said getting up and putting on his coat and looking at me like I was going to follow him "well come on then" he said "I'm not your dog I don't follow you around, you know" "just come on" "where to?" "To find pol" "why" "because if one person can convince you it's her" "fuck sake no" "you know you want to" "I'll help you find poll but I am not taking the job" "fine" "fine."