18. Safe House

__________________________________________

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No part of this publication may be reproduced.

18. SAFE HOUSE

As his fingers twirled through my long white hair he crushed me deeper into his warm loving embrace and my nostrils filled pleasurably with his tropical scent of fruits and flowers. Thankfully it ended soon and he parted with a loving kiss on my forehead. “You need to take your bathrobe back Eos, I can’t have it here when they come for me.” I explained to Eos as I passed him the robe. He took the robe and his cheeks flushed red. “Be safe my mǣnōn” Eos whispered sweetly against my ear shell and then with a sparking burst of power he was gone.

Standing alone once more in the god forsaken miserable room that was my prison for one week, I smiled.  Looking around, I couldn’t believe how much somberness I had had to endure in this isolation. Yet there was a reason for my smile and that probably had to do with the window sill. It pained me that I couldn’t be with him like that anymore, yet it seemed impossible not to. After all that had happened; how could I just forget Zophiel, he was after all the angel that had brought me safety and comfort when no one else had. I loved him, and missed him.

A couple loud knocks rang through the room and I shot my head instinctively towards the big cold metal door. “Lexie, I’m coming in and I can’t believe you’re still in your bed!” Ace grumbled.  That’s when the realization dawned on me; that there was a reason why they knew I wasn’t awake yet. Damn those requested shower- or bathroom times. Diving towards my bed I quickly messed up my entire bed and buried myself under the sheets.

“I thought you wanted out of this isolation cell Lexie?” laughed Ace who was standing now by the side of my bed. “I have decided to wait for the hairdresser and stylist before making my grand entrance in Loony-Hall.” I joked and I heard Ace chuckle. Then the sheets flew high in the air and so did I and the mattress. “Why aren’t you wearing all your clothes?” Ace said covering his eyes. “Just get in the shower young lady and your breakfast, finish it and bring the tray back yourself. After all your free now in a way” He said walking out of my room quickly.  “Thanks, always lovely to see you too.” I mumbled from down on the floor.

***

“It’s a little further North of the asylum, so in a couple more minutes we can forget all of this ever happened.” Hermiel bickered as he carried me in flight over the snow covered trees. “I don’t think I needed to remind you, that it was you that ripped off my wings.” I pointed out. “Yeah, it seems I didn’t think that one trough.” Hermiel laughed.  “True, you should have totally waited for me to fly here first and then you should have ripped off my wings. That would have been way more convenient, not to mention more civil.” I said sarcastically as I looked up, and I could see the colonel having a hard time trying to contain his amusement.  “Drop and roll in one minute” Hermiel stated. “Hell No, this is a new suit!” I argued. “Trust me; your suit isn’t going to survive anyways.” The Colonel laughed and soon after I was falling and rolling over the snowy forest floor.

Dusting off the snow and forest debris from my ripped dark blue suit jacket, I watched the white and Amethyst feathered colonel land gracefully next to me. “So where is this safe house? I’m pretty sure I didn’t turn human when you ripped off my wings, but what I do know is that I can’t see it.” I remarked confused. “That’s because we are going to build it.” Hermiel stated as he stared off determined into the woods. “Really? Well at least it explains why the suit was going to get ruined.” I blurted out annoyed. Then the air went out of me and my back collided with a tree. “We are not going to build it ourselves you fool! And I’m going to keep treating you as my little-clowny-punch-bag if you don’t start respecting my rank Sergeant.” Hermiel spat at me. “My apology Colonel, I didn’t”— “Oh Mother Nature you do really fall for everything.” Hermiel laughed loud and proud. “Firstly; that smack hurt. Secondly; I’ll get you back for that one and Thirdly; I need to get used to your sick and twisted humor.” I growled at a still laughing Hermiel.